1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Trophy for Terpsicore.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Osebor, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    A new work finished. This time, from Ares Mythologic ref. AMT54T-156, 54 mm.painted with acrylics.It gave me some trouble closing joints, filing a stubborn mould line, and trying
    to eliminate pinholes.Also, the nobleman's stance is not what I was looking for, as his arm must rest on the sculpt head, but, nobody's perfect!
    Hope you enjoy it!

Regards
    Javier

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]
    blaster, yeo_64 and Trex like this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Looks like a very challenging job Javier, with all the different colours and fabrics, but I think you ended up with a nice result. I particularly like the details such as the vase, marble and fruits. Presentation is very nice as well.
    To sharpen the figures a bit more, next time you could try some very fine dark outlining of edges, particularly between colours.

Cheers
    Adrian
    tomifune likes this.
  3. swralph A Fixture

Nicely painted.
  4. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Many thanks, folks!
    About the outlining, Adrian, I tried it but in such scale and with folds aplenty, it wasn't an easy task, and also it began to take its toll in other projects...
    But: Never Surrender! Next time I'll try harder! (Or so they said!)

Regards
    Javier