1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Trooper of the 28th Dragoons

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by thegoodsgt, Jun 9, 2004.

1. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    The first figure I'll upload here is my current work in progress, a conversion of a trooper of the 28th Dragoons. As some of you know, I'm a lousy sculptor, so I've decided to focus on conversions for the time being. (There's enough humor in the world without subjecting you to my sculpting!) The inspiration is a photo from a plate in one of the Haythornethwaite books. The basis of the conversion is the Wolf figure that you see pictured, which is one of those figures I've lost my enthusiasm for since I first purchased it.

[IMG] [IMG]

The head is from a Metal Models figure, the boots from a DML German dude, and the arms from god knows where. These two photos show the figure stuck together temporarily with tacky putty.

[IMG] [IMG]

I hope to complete assembly by this weekend so I can do the groundwork and then start painting. Stay tuned....
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good so far Steven.......keep us posted
  3. Patrick Kirk New Member

Steven,
    I like this...very interesting subject and conversion. I can't wait to see how you pull it all together. What do you plan to have in each of his hands?

Hope all is well

Patrick
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Excellent Steven. Glad to see some IP work from you, and a conversion no less.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Steven, Very nice, What do you mean lousy sculptor? He looks fine to me. I'm looking forward to seeing it's complettion.~Gary
  6. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Steven, I like the figure you used for the conversion. Wolf does some dynamite stuff. Your idea of doing him as a dragoon is a good one. I look forward to seeing your completion of the Dragoon.

Happy Trails, Terry Martin
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Steven,

I think this is going to be a winner. I really like the idea and the pose.

Joe
  8. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looking great Steven! Thanks for sharing your pic's.
  9. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    I can't believe I started this darn thing back in June! Well, six months and one broken wrist later (that's a long story), I've finally finished it. Having rushed my painting of it these last couple of weeks, I can't say I'm particularly thrilled with it, but it feels good to have it off the workbench.

[IMG]
  10. Pete_H New Member

Not happy with it? It looks really good. I particularly like the green coat.
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Steven, Nice job. I do know how you feel about getting a piece finally off the bench. This seems to be the case with most of the things I do. I have not had the misfortune of having a broken wrist. Ouch! What's next?~Gary
  12. Robert Merz New Member