1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Trifon miniatures Golfer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Oct 3, 2010.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    So this is a figure I am doing for my boss and lets just say, it's a real struggle! First off, this is the absolutely WORST casting I have ever seen. I had to cut the original head off because it was molded into the figures arm. THere was no real sculpting to the face so I removed it and put on a Rosengrant head. The figure has TONS of casting bubbles and it looks like the resin was mixed with half resin and half sand. Just terrible all the way around. I dont know about any of Trifons other kits but I would say stay away from this one. Had I known all this before I would have never ordered it. Plus I emaild Trifon with my complaints and heard nothing from them. So these are just a few in progress shots. I still have to figure out how I can resculpt the neck so the head fits on properly. I am not a sculptor. Pants are done but not happy with them. I may strip it and re-do it. Comments are welcomed!!!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jason,

With the head and upper body in that position the ball is definitely heading for the sand or the next fairway. Sorry to hear about all your problems with this kit, but it seems you're determined to get it right. Good luck.
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Same here, that's a tough job. +1 for determination!
  4. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. This kit is a real uphill battle for sure!
  5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    It is never fun to build a bad kit, but it looks like you are making a go of it. As Tony said the head and shoulder position is off for anyone other than a 36+ handicap.