1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Trapper - 1830" - 75mm AuthorSculpt SBS

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. theseeker Member

United-States
    Brilliant painting Guy! I love your colors and as always I appreciate your SBS's.
    Rocky
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Guy,

Thanks for your great posts on this figure, it has encouraged me to have a go at mine-I have also had the 200mm seated Mountain Man by Rosengrant sitting on the work bench for the last 12 months-guess i'll have to get cracking!
    Tecumsea
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Mario ~ Costos ~ Rocky ~ Tecumsea ~ Many thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Tecumsea - I am working on the horse to this sbs this afternoon. I also have the S&T 200mm Mountain awaiting in the wings. Even bought the base for him.

I never thought I would say "So many Mountain Men......so little time"
  4. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    I lıke cavalry Guy, Looking forward.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Serkan. I made some good progress on him yesterday.
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    You have made good progress with this Guy .Hope to see some more photos soon.
    Looking great so far.

David
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks David. I worked on the horse yesterday and should have some more pics up soon.
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Sorry for the time lapse since my last update. I am working on the horse now and have began the blending and shading of the horse's head around the harness.

MM 36.jpg

MM 37.jpg

MM 38.jpg

As you can see the horse's harness divides the horse off into sections and I work on each section by itself. Moving down from the head to the left leg and the chest with blending and shading of the brown and the white.

MM 39.JPG

MM 40.JPG

MM 41.JPG

Above are some photos of the blending and shading so far and a closer look at the head at the bottom photo.

MM 42.JPG

MM 43.JPG

MM 44.JPG

Above top photo shows the horse's mane with a primer coat before painting the hair red brown.

MM 45.JPG

MM 46.JPG

MM 50.JPG

MM 52.JPG

The figure has been clear flat coated so I can handle it some and I did a test fit to the horse to see how the colors were going to look with each other. The saddle blanket was undecided until this point and as you can see also I have base coated the harnessing a dark brown which is my base color for red leather.

All comments welcomed.
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Been watching this one with interest Guy. Hope to start mine soon, it really is a fantasic
    figure.Looking forward to your next steps.

Cheers David
  10. mario Active Member

Brazil
    Fantastic work Guy, you are making a amazing paint in horse

Congratulations

Mario
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks good.
    Following this closely...

marc
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    David ~ Mario ~ Marc
    Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
  13. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great work on the horse Guy!

Marcel.
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marcel. I appreciate the kind words of support. I have made some good progress on the horse in the last two days and will post more photos soon.
  15. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Guy you have made a very nice and study figure,I'm waiting to see your finish.
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Guy,
    Coming along very nicely.
    John
  17. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    nice colour choice and work on the horse Guy.

Steve
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Chris ~ John ~ Steve ~ Thanks for your kind words and feedback. I'll have some more photos of its progress today.
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Progress has been slow with the horse but last night I was able to bring him forward and be able to go on to the next stages.

Mm 53.jpg

Mm 54.jpg Mm 55.jpg

Mm 56.jpg

Mm 57.jpg

The saddle has been painted in a red brown and shaded with black to represent red leather. The blanket was painted with Humbrol 144 and shaded with weather black. The cinch rings and buckles are next.

Mm 58.jpg

Mm 59.jpg

Mm 60.jpg

The mane was outlined with Floquil weather black to add depth to the hair and was followed after drying with a gentle dry-brushing of medium brown. The cinch rings were all painted an undercoat of black and then painted with Old Silver with the smaller buckles painted with brass.

MM 61.jpg

MM 62.jpg

Above is where I stopped at last night. Today I work on the saddle bags and bed roll as well as the stirrups for the Trapper to be fastened to him prior to him being permanently fastened to the horse.

All comments welcomed.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks for the upgrade Guy,
    Like what you have done on the horse. I really like that wornout look of the sadle.

Marc