1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Trapper - 1830" - 75mm AuthorSculpt SBS

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words Mario. I shall continue with him tomorrow. Tonight I am fleshing out 2 Mountain Men busts. Must be something in the air..:D:D
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Trapper

Guy ,
    Thanks for posting this , there are some great references , simply fab pictures you have , you said about 2 busts ..are these the 2 in the background of one of the pics ..be very interested in how your going to paint these ... perhaps another post ?

Nap
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Nap,

I am working on the flesh of the 2nd one now. I have taken a couple of photos of each but not enough for a sbs. I limit myself to one....sbs at a time. I'll keep taking pics and save them for later posting.
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice workmy friend. Seems like the mountain air is doing ....something to you !!
  5. WPS Member

Netherlands
    Guy,

what a beautiful piece to work on.
    Looking at the pic's on your painting I'm very impressed with already.
    This is one SBS I'm certainly going to follow.

Groeten from, Willem
  6. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great SBS, Pal! The paintings and pictures that support your work are very valuable as are the photos of your assembly and paint. THANKS!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy,
    As always a great start from an excellent figure and SBS.
    I think you are in the clouds with your head at the moment. A figure totally for your interest...that must be awesome.
    Gonna be some extremely well painted figure, with a great base.

Marc
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Costas ~ Willem ~ Steve. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Looking great so far Guy , nice colour choice for the horse. Hope to have my copy of this soon.

David
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks David. You'll love it. Let me know what you think of the kit after it arrives.
  11. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Guy, just the beginning... but I'm sure it will be a great work .. love your painting project..

Cheers Stefano
  12. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent work sofar Guy!
    This is going to be an awesome figure.

Regards,
    Marcel.
  13. dinovision79 Active Member

Guy,

this looks promising too beside your other projects! The wooden base is just for handling, or will you cut down the resin base to match it? Also, thanks for the references, I have a PiliPili mountain man, so they are very useful.

Thanks
    Denes
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Stefano ~ Marcel ~ Denes - Thanks for your feedback and comments.

Denes - The wood base under the horse is just for holding the horse while painting. The finished base will be much larger with snow covered pine trees, etc.
  15. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,

This is looking really cool. I like this kit and just might have to try it myself.

Joe
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Joe. I would love to see you paint this figure. It would be beautiful I am sure.
  17. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    nice work guy this is a super figure but dont dare to touch.waiting for the finished version
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Dim. Don't be hesitant to try one. You would really enjoy painting it.
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have been working on the upper torso of the Mountain Man over the last few days. This area (upper chest and head) will probably take longer than any other part of the figure as there is so much detail to bring out.

My first step was to base coat all the colors in and with some colors give them a second coat before continueing on to the blending and shading part.

MM 18.JPG MM 19.JPG

Above shows the hat and belt accross the chest done in an enamel wash and set aside to dry.

Mm 20.jpg Mm 21.jpg

Mm 22.jpg

Above is the first dry-brushing of the fur hat and the beard. The dry-brush is taking the original base color and adding a drop or two of white to lighten the dry-brush and gently with a flat edged brush go accross the fur and hair like you would accross the grain of a piece of wood. Also the hunting shirt has been blended and shaded and will highlight again in the next step.

MM 23.JPG MM 24.JPG

The above photos show the hunting shirt highlighted and the fur hat and beard dry-brushed once again with yet a lighter color than the first dry-brushing.

MM 25.JPG MM 26.JPG

Above is where I am at today with the fringe now highlighted and the folds again highlighted to give the shirt more depth.

More to come......thanks for looking.

20. mario Active Member

Brazil
    Hello Guy

Simply wonderful
    I loved the hunting shirt ,It´s amazing
    I´m anxious to see the next step

Congratulations my friend

Mario