1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Transport box

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Alex M., Jun 18, 2015.

1. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Good morning all!

I'm looking at heading to my first overseas show, and need a better box than the toolbox I use now, with blu-tac.

I'm aware of the offering by Hobbyzone.pl, what else is commercially available? Looking for wood, with the sliding out tray bottom, fits standard aircraft carry-on size restrictions.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Alex,

Bob Orr might be able to help he is banker on here ..he made our boxes from MDF ..with a sliding tray .

I have seen others commercially but can't remember who!

Nap
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
  5. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    I'm quite interested in the Sphere products ones, does anyone have one?
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I ordered one. He made it after dimenssions I wanted.

It worked like a charm. I had to think a bit before assembling, not as straight forward or easy as Ikea.

I also had mine delivered without a handle as I wanted to attach a foldable handel to take up less space when travling by air.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I can make you one like my blue one with the sliding shelves to your specs.

Colin
  8. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Alex

I have two of Sphere Products carrying boxes which I transport all of our display models in for the shows. Over the 4 years I have used them they have held up well to the battering I give them and the models survive intact which is the most important thing. I use velcro to hold them in place on the slide out shelf. He also made mine with fold flat handles for easy storage.

Jon at Sphere at one time had all the measurements for the airline over head lockers so he could make the boxes to the correct size. He can also make the door out of clear plastic which some air line like.

Give him a PM on here or email him through their website and I am sure you wont be disappointed.
  9. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    If you can let me know the size you need Alex I can give you a quote; no obligation.

Cheers

Jon
  10. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I've got two if the Sphere boxes and I can highly recommend them.

Malc