1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP TOTENKOPF

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paulo, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Young Miniatures Bust
    Face in oils (AMMO MIG )
    Jacket in acrylics - sponge tecnhique
    I´ll post more pics when I put the MP 40 in place

IMG_7979.JPG
    Oda, stoffy01, lievenwynants and 10 others like this.
  2. SUPER ANTO Well-Known Member

Spain
    Impressive paintwork...... :) :) :)
    Paulo likes this.
  3. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    thank you :)
    For dome reason the picture is turned to right side ... Maybe NAP can help me put it correctly
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice indeed. Tell us more about this "sponge technique".

- Steve
    Paulo likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paulo

Great to see you posting , lovely texture work on jkt ( do tell more ref techniques as Steve said ) and on the pouches

Following with interest

Looking forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Paulo likes this.
  6. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice bust and paint job. what colors did you use for the sheepskin coat? Again nice job Regards, Brock
    Paulo likes this.
  7. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi again, sorry for the late answer but, time ... is not my best friend and still my greatest problem.
    So I will answer here all other questions because it looks that my "sponge technique" made a lot of curiosity, actually I believe it´s a amazing technique and can be used in a lot of materials, not only leather coats.

Basically I use a sponge instead of a brush, I use it as a stamp to leave irregular marks on the surface I want, ad at the end I finish with a brush for details.
    But, of course there must not be so simple, so ... I think the best way to explain is making a SBS here on PLANETFIGURE ;) so stay tuned I will post that as soon as I can

PS: meanwhile you can check other application I made with this technique on a Viking shield in EUROMODELISMO the link is under

https://euromodelismo.com/en/euro-modelismo/899-euro-modelismo-297.html

euro-modelismo-297.jpg
    DSC06167.JPG
    DSC06212 - Cópia.JPG
    Dr Bison and Babelfish like this.