1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Torn Colours".....a tale of two lancers.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by misfit151, Jul 6, 2018.

1. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi folks......waiting for the oils to dry on these... shouldn't take too long in this heat.....they are both the Line Lancer from CGS military figures....and beautifully produced...as soon as I saw this one I had in mind to do a pair....based on the brilliant artwork of Keith Rocco....
    The first one is built and painted straight from the box......the other has one or two alterations.
    This was my first attempt at making a flag.....and I'm not too pleased with the result..looks a bit clumsy.....so will have another go ..... I used a new product..(well new to me)....Paper Shaper...
    You saturate the paper with the solution and then form as desired.....when dry it can be painted
    Anyway have a look.....regards Mike

20180706_085801_resized_1.jpg 20180706_085726_resized_1.jpg 20180706_085744_resized_1.jpg 20180706_085822_resized_1.jpg 20180706_085212_resized_1.jpg 20180706_085001_resized_1.jpg 20180706_085503_resized_1.jpg 20180706_085614_resized_1.jpg 3657713f6620461fc389894216ae6255.jpg
    DioramaArt, phil_h, Grod and 13 others like this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Lovely painting Mike and they look great displayed together.
    I think all the flag needs is to be a bit more wavy with corresponding highlights and shade if you get my drift.
    Roger.
    Mike Stevens and Huw63 like this.
  3. Huw63 A Fixture

A great concept and I agree with Roger's comment.

Cheers

Huw
    Mike Stevens likes this.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Don't beat yourself up too much Mike, you have done a great job as a first attempt with the colours, I didn't know you could get such stuff.
    They are looking great as a set and tells a story, great painting as well.
  5. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Great set and beautiful paintwork

Mobo
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superbly done.

Mike
  7. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A excellently paintedg set of busts.
    Very well done.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  8. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi Roger and thanks for looking....yes I'm going to give the flag another go...(y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  9. misfit151 A Fixture

Thanks for looking Huw...(y) Mike
  10. misfit151 A Fixture

Many thanks for looking Bob....will give the colours another crack..(y) Mike
  11. misfit151 A Fixture

Many thanks for you comments Mobo..(y) Mike
  12. misfit151 A Fixture

Thanks you for looking and your comments Mike...(y) Mike
  13. misfit151 A Fixture

Thank you Andrew for your comments.. (y) Mike
  14. FANTASTIC work Mike, I'm as usual really impressed, thanks for giving them so much enthusiasm. Love them mate and the conversion looks splendid .
  15. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Fab painting, Mike but agree the flag isn’t quite up to that standard. To me, the tears look too mechanical. Now, I don’t know this Paper Shaper stuff but wonder if it’s possible to physically tear the paper, before it’s treated and painted, to give more realistic edges to the segments. If this works – and I’m only guessing – you should have fibrous edges which might simulate ripped fabric. If you’re lucky, that is.

Jeff
    billyturnip likes this.
  16. misfit151 A Fixture

Many thanks for looking and your kind words (y).....Mike
  17. misfit151 A Fixture

Thanks for looking Jeff....working on a new one.....(y)....regards..Mike
    Tonton likes this.
  18. DioramaArt A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent collection, hope my line Lancer officer just started comes out as good :D
  19. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely done Mike
  20. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic job on these busts (y)(y)
    Phil