1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Top 10 Uniforms

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ChaosCossack, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    So Jimmy did you bother to read the whole thread you know this bit
    "I mentioned this last night to a chap I know who has extremely high credientials when it comes the the Paras and SFSG, won't say no more, PERSEC and all, but needless to say, he is more qualified than most to comment.

His thoughts were thus...

P-coy is a way of sorting the wheat from the chaff. It does not make you a parachutist...but there is a lot of kudos attached.
    Throwing yourself out of a plane makes you a parachutist.
    Charlie has not only done that as CinC of the Paras, he has also done it as a pilot and he has done it for fun.
    He has more balls about him than most folk who complain about his wings.
    He could have become CinC automatically, but he took it on himself to do the jumps as he wanted to experience what the regiment experienced."

Or did you just decide to have another sly dig? Out of interest have you done P Coy ?
    Steve
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]
    He was crap at escape and evasion he has got Prisoner of War on his helmet. ARRSE. ;)
    martin tabony and Helm like this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You an't seen Allo Allo then
  5. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    ChaosCossack and Helm like this.
  6. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia

No I only read this bit "A currently serving high ranking Para Reg officer told me that Charlie did not do P Company. Imagine the pleasure and privilege of a P Company instructor beasting his arse up and down Hungry Hill, or a fellow recruit punching fuck out of him in the milling." Bit of a draw on that one with the other statement. I could get on there tonight and put up that HRH told me himself he did it/didn't do it, doesn't really prove much. Thought it might have been in the papers though...

About the usual standard of ARRSE though and has about as much credence as any other statement on there, especially with the usual hiding behind the green door of "PERSEC" ( I think he means OPSEC), '" a chap I know etc" usually called F6 in the real world. Just to satisfy what seems a more than passing interest in my military career, I, like 98% of the British Army, did not attempt P Company, thus retaining the respect for those that have genuinely done it. I also have not done SAS selection, Royal Marine training and am not a Navy SEAL. Do I really give a toss if big ears has done it? Not really when weighed up against everything else he has done for the Armed Forces. His presence at any charity event for the forces guarantees the money flows in for the desrving. That fact alone, and the being the worlds longest serving apprentice gets him my vote. Cheers.
    Gellso likes this.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    No he means personal security actually but hey ho
    Steve
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    "And the being the worlds longest serving apprentice gets him my vote."
    Didn't realise it was open to other applicants.:confused:
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nurses uniforms have my vote especially when I was a student nurse and they all wore skirts.........,mine chaffed a bit but I soon got used to it.

Do gimp suits count as uniforms too?

Gells
    ChaosCossack, martin tabony and DEL like this.
  10. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia

Apparently this new lad the firm just took on is showing a lot of promise......
  11. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Anything with a tartan for me.
    Mike S. likes this.
  12. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I've just had to decontaminate my computer when I saw this picture Ron.