1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Top 10 Uniforms

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ChaosCossack, Jan 14, 2014.

1. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh in that case Henrik 2.png
    ghamilt1 likes this.
  4. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Not enough bling Ron........now this old sweat knows how to wear a uniform!!!!! (apologies to anyone who actually earned something they wear)

bling.jpg
    DEL likes this.
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. Mark S Guest

For me it's always been the Australian Sand Soccer team uniforms.

Australian_SS_4.jpg Australian_SS_14.jpg Australian_SS_6.jpg
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I'd love to be their equipment manager :love:
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You can wish and hope all you like Father Jack . I just Ain't Gay. you must look somewhere else :ROFLMAO:
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    See.........
  11. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I think one of the dumber moves our Army made, in changing uniforms, was to adopt the beret, it's too European, though it's better than the cover worn in the 50's, that stiff field cap. It's fine for you Brits and the French, it originated there, but it's not American.

I think the German Einheitsmütze, is a practical design, along with its descendents.

Our campaign hats from the 1890s through 1940 were pretty cool for their time, too, the classic Montana pinch, and almost uniquely American (the Soviets had a similarly-shaped cap in the 40s).

Prost!
    Brad
  12. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    We didn't all get rid of our red coats!:)
    housecarl likes this.
  13. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    And "flasher mack"
  14. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Forgive me for quoting myself, but I doublechecked and have the correct attribution and text for my citation above. It was't Mollo, but Brian L. Davis, in the introduction to his book, "German Army Uniforms and Insignia, 1933-1945", which I bought when I was in high school and had discovered Tamiya's armor models. Here is the relevant passage:

"Allied propaganda labelled the German uniforms as gaudy and overdecorated when, in fact, they were well designed with inbuilt smartness ad practicality. Many of the features introduced during World War II have since influenced the uniforms, head-dress and equipment adopted by other nations." (p. 9)

Davis' second sentence would apply to the Prussian uniform and its influence in the aftermath of the victory over the French in 1871, too.

In any case, I wanted to clarify my citation.

Prost!
    Brad
  15. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What have you doe so bad Brad that you have a citation :D
    theBaron and martin tabony like this.
  16. Helm A Fixture

England
    Ah yes beloved of all that wore it .Oh and as for Jug Ears and his wings those he did earn and is BTW CinC of said Regt
    "
    On being appointed Colonel-in-Chief of The Parachute Regiment in April 1977, a few months before he turned 30, the Prince volunteered to undergo parachute training. He joined paratroopers for several weeks of basic ground training and then carried out a series of eight jumps from a Hercules wearing a PX4 parachute from a height of 800 feet, jumping on to Weston-on-the-Green in Oxfordshire.
    In an interview with Jonathan Dimbleby 15 years later he commented that he could not "look them in the eye" or wear The Parachute Regiment's famous beret and wings badge unless he had done the course."
    That's good enough for me TBH
    Steve
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I have that book Brad and bought at the same time and for the same reason. (y)

Roger.
    theBaron likes this.
  18. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think I got it as a special sign up offer for the military book club!:)
  19. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  20. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    So he did P
    So he did P Company then..............hmmmm.....methinks not..........

http://www.arrse.co.uk/waltenkommando/182828-jubilee-celebrations-prince-charles-para-wings.html