1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

TON LANGELER cossack online course thread

Discussion in 'Workshop with Fer' started by Fernando Ruiz, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Ton's thread.
    Regards
    FeR
  2. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    Thanks for all the instructions until now.
    I decided to picture Jan Rohac of Duba, a leader of the "master of Orphans" a radical hussit sect, in the battle of Lipany on may 30 1434, which he survived.
    He was hung in Prague in 1437.
    Behind him I will pose a straw wagon which they used in their "Wagenburgs" next to the religious wouden statue that you invited us to make. Do you know if the had those in hetat period?

greetings

Ton

Ton.
  3. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Yes. I have seen images of paintings and other depictions of those road shrines. Keeping in mind the background of your character, maybe you have to change the orthodox cross for a latin one...
    Regards
    FeR
  4. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    OK, thanks for the info. Since i've already made the cross, do you think i can still fit it in the proposed diorama and if not what do you mean with a latin cross?
    Lookin forward to the next lesson

Ton
  5. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    The latin cross is the symbol of the occidental Christianity:
    http://www.google.es/images?hl=es&x...=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1259&bih=606
    The orthodox cross is the symbol of the Orthodox church:
    http://www.google.es/images?hl=es&x...=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1259&bih=606
    The battle you're talking about was fought some kilometers away from Prague, so any cross depicted there should be latin.
    If you have done already the shrine, you just have to remove the lower small diagonal plank and you have a latin cross.
    By the way, haven't you thought that the figure we are gonna paint is maybe too simple to depict a character like Jan Rohac of Duba, who was a military leader?
    Regards
    FeR
  6. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    Good suggestion, I'll change the subject to a member of the hussit sect of which he was a leader. I will change the cross.

Thanks for the comments.