1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

TOMMY'S WAR Trooper, Australian Light Horse, Beersheba 1917

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Last mounted figure from TOMMY'S WAR
    New pictures available in this thread, look at my last message!;)
    TW32C03 Trooper, Australian Light Horse, Beersheba 1917
    1/32 resin, P;E parts, rope.
    Sculptor : Nino Pizzichemi Box art by Alex Long
    Available from :
    https://tommyswar.co.uk/product/tw32c03-trooper-australian-light-horse-beersheba/

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

References :
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    More refrences availables, ask our Australian friends !

Recommended websites :
    http://www.lighthorse.org.au/
    http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/ex...gutenberg.org/files/51427/51427-h/51427-h.htm

Highly recommended film :
    [IMG]

The figurine, and as usual with my reviews, no comment on my part ... except a novelty, the notation of this figurines on several criteria.

IMG_1350.JPG IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1355.JPG IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1369.JPG IMG_1371.JPG IMG_1373.JPG IMG_1375.JPG IMG_1357.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1362.JPG IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG

My rating criteria:
    - Choice of the subject 5/5
    - Pose 5/5
    - Sculpture 5/5
    - Molding 5/5
    - Packaging 4.9 / 5
    So an Highly recommended figure !
    Please more Light horses (for a great vignette)
    [IMG]
  2. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    The resin is great, the molding also.
    My base of notation take as reference resins and molding like "Nemrod", "Model Cellar". "Eduard" or "Aires/Aerobonus".
    Tommys War and Anzac1915 like this.
  3. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The figure is cast in a high quality French manufactured resin, chosen for it's good production qualities.

The figure shown in the box art was painted from the main production run and won Gold at Euro Miniature Expo. Not too shabby I think!
  4. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's a super model! (y)
    Mark
  5. Anzac1915 Member

Australia
    It certainly looks the part Darren, getting one (or maybe 2). A great tribute to the ALH
    Cheers
    Greg
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi ZC

Thanks for the review , TW products certainly are providing the modeller with some awesome figures

Far too many legs for me though ..lol

Nice to see PE included as well

I saw Akex's artwork at Euro Expo ...awesome to say the least .....I think as well a diorama featuring this won gold at SMC , the modeller was Jon Page

Thanks for sharing

Nap

I will be back reviewing soon ....moving house ...surrounded by boxes !
  7. MrBMB A Fixture

I love the look of this kit, impressive most impressive!!
    Tommys War likes this.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive

Marc
    Tommys War likes this.
  9. Oda A Fixture

A great presentation.The fact that companies like Tommy's War exist is a constant source of happiness for us modellers.There is not a single figure in their range that I wouldn't like owning and painting,this latest addition is no exception.Simply stunning.

Oda.
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  10. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    I can assure you that the resin and casting is of the highest quality, as it always is with Tommy's War figures. Having built and painted this figure for the box art, I can say it was one of the most enjoyable miniatures I've ever worked on. The photos in the review do it no justice whatsoever, as with the example above mine also had some superficial mould flashing on the insides of the riders legs, which was cleaned away in seconds, it's also in the least visible place, so was not an issue during assembly.

Alex
  11. Ronaldo A Fixture

Well Alex
    I know you are a fine modeller and painter. as I have seen plenty of your work .

Maybe my eye has just got more critical over the years doing Metal models , but the detail looks less than crisp to my eyes especially at the stirrups , but as you say the pictures may not be doing it justice as they are blown up a bit .
    Got to think when posting stuff like this it is important to get the best photo's possible.
  12. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    I have redone the photos with a new camera.
    I tried to select the best ones.
    Do not forget that it is a scale figure 1/32 ° and that the photos enlarge it enormously! Tommy War ALH (3).JPG Tommy War ALH (16).JPG Tommy War ALH (19).JPG Tommy War ALH (9).JPG Tommy War ALH (11).JPG Tommy War ALH (21).JPG Tommy War ALH (25).JPG Tommy War ALH (29).JPG Tommy War ALH (31).JPG Tommy War ALH (33).JPG Tommy War ALH (35).JPG Tommy War ALH (37).JPG Tommy War ALH (39).JPG
    [IMG]
  13. Mr Bill Member

I just purchased this figure and other than the resin being a little and see through on the hat, the casting is better than the pictures show.
    Alex Long likes this.