1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tommy's War hits a half century

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommys War, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I love a cricket analogy, and with the release of four new figures in the British category the range of individual figures has hit 50, and I'm pleased to say (and excuse another cricket pun) it's '50 not out!'.

There is also some important news for anyone who has been a member of the Tommy's War Collectors Club which you can find here, there is also important news that the amount required to be able to select FREE WORLDWIDE POSTAGE has been reduced to £60.00. Find out more here.

All figures are in-stock and ready to ship at www.tommyswar.com

Anyway, on to the new releases. The four figures can be split into two parts (click on each description to go to the page on the site to see more);

A holy intervention

These releases focus on the interaction between a wounded British infantryman and an Army Chaplain.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Both are sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi, with box art box Alex Varela. Both figures are sculpted in 1/32 scale.

The figures are shown in the usual kit and equipment for the 1917-18 period and although listed as 8th Lincolnshire Regiment would actually be perfectly acceptable to list as any English, Welsh, Irish, Australian, New Zealand, South African or Lowland Scottish Regiment serving on the Western Front in the last two years of the war.

You can also see a short video of these two figures here
    Tankers

As the title suggest figures 49 and 50 focus on the newly formed Tank Corps, with two figures in typical kit for the 1917-18 period on the Western Front;
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Once again the figures are sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi, this time the box art is by Alex Long. The figures are sculpted in 1/32 scale and cast in light grey resin.
    You can find out more about the history of the Tank Corps here, and more information about the uniforms referenced here.

All four figures are available now at www.tommyswar.com. I also recommend visiting the website and checking the 'blog' page here where you'll find lots more information and news.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Congratulations Darren.
    Like the Padre.(y)
  3. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    I like the two Tank Corps figures Darren, & congratulations on your half century.
  4. Oda A Fixture

Tommy's War has no equal on the figure market.It's just as good as it can possibly get.

Oda.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Darren

CONGRATULATIONS on the half century ...just stay at the crease

Great figures , do like the Padre and the the Tank crew are great ..they are going to feature in diorama's for sure

As always sculpting and artwork a pleasure to see

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great figures as always.
    But I gave them up, because my eyes wouldn't allow me to do 54mm.
    and that is a real shame for me.

Marc
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How about an anniversary figure in 120mm for those whose eyesight isn't what it once was!?

Mike
  8. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you for the very kind words, they are very much appreciated.

There will be an anniversary figure for 2021 which will be the 10th anniversary of Tommy's War, it will be in 1/32 scale.
  9. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Awaiting the arrival of the above figures. Now my painting mojo has returned. Thanks Darren for all you and your collaborators producing such a great range.
  10. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    They need to do some 1 July 1916 Somme infantry. Perhaps a ‘Tiger’ of the Leicestershire Regt.
  11. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darren,
    Congratulations mate(y). I applaud you passion, enthusiasm and longevity. You have produced some outstanding stuff with you team and I know at times it has not been an easy journey for you. May I also add your marketing skills are second to none. Here's looking forward to the next 10 years of Tommy's War.
    cheers
    Richie