1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tommy's War figures to be released 25.03.2011

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Tommy's War, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm pleased to say that I'll be announcing the release of my own range of figures on Friday 25th March 2011.

Its been fantastic working on the range and getting them ready for market. Sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi, the figures which depict British subjects from World War One look absolutely stunning. In addition, the box art provided by Gunther Sternberg compliments the figures perfectly, and Gunther has done a fantastic job.

I'm really looking forward to sharing the images with you next week and I will have the figures at the East Midlands Modelling Show on Sunday 27th March 2011.

In addition, I will be bringing the next two sculpted figures to the East Mids show as a special preview before I send them for casting. These figures continue the range perfectly and in terms of accuracy and character I could not be more pleased.

So, I will update this site and provide lots of information next week, but in the meantime, as a taster, this is what our new branding will look like:

[IMG]
    The brand will have its own website, but will be available for sale from Firefly Models and other international stockists soon.[IMG]

More...
    ArturM likes this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Tease.
    Carl.
  3. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ha ha Carl

It will be worth the wait!
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I'll let you know at Hinkley Darren.
    Carl.
  5. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Look forward to it Carl

Please make sure you say hello. (y)
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I will, I might even part with some money.
    Carl.
    firefly_models likes this.
  7. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'll have plenty to choose from.

Jut sweating on a few orders arriving from overseas in time!
  8. Paul Active Member

Germany
    WWI figures!!! ...what scale are they ?
    Cheers
    paul
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Exactly Paul, he's just a tease.;)
    Carl.
  10. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Ha ha

I am a tease aren't I? (y)

Sorry to keep you in suspense! I hope its worth the wait when I announce them!

The figures are cast and the box art has been painted, I'm just waiting for delivery of the packaging (which is probably Thursday this week) and they I will release details.

The figures are 54mm (1/32 scale) resin British World War One subjects, there are two releases currently and two to be released early May. All the subjects cover the early part of the First World War.

I'm absolutely delighted with them, and I hope you guys are too.

All to be revealed this week when I've completed the website and all the appropriate links so that they can be purchased online etc.

Really looking forward to releasing these figures and sharing the details! :D
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    As a WW 1 addict i really would like to see some pictures of the figures.
    Dan Morton likes this.
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Darren sounds interesting mate, will look forward to seeing these at Hinckley.

Steve
  13. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve, look forward to catching up with you too!

I'll upload the images as soon as I've got all the other bits and pieces organised, but I'm nearly there!