1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Today's postman brought.....

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Graham, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Graham A Fixture

England
    Very excited when Postman arrived this morning.

Two 1/12 busts by Robert Lane from Hawk Miniatures.

The British: Light Dragoon 1815 (Waterloo)

image.jpg

And the British: Life Guard 1815 (Waterloo)

image.jpg

From CGS Military Figures, one I have wanted since I first saw it, the simply stunning 200mm COLDSTREAM GUARD WATERLOO 1815. With two heads, one is the covered Shako, white metal ramrod and bayonet and a huge amount of resin to assemble and paint. The lovely musket with the bayonet will be about six inches long! This is, to me, an outstanding bust just full of detail and action.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Many thanks to CGS and Hawk as I ordered both of these yesterday morning before leaving for work. 26 hours later, I was sat drooling over them;)
    garyhiggins, Huw63 and billyturnip like this.
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like you're going to be quite busy Graham.
    I bought the Light Dragoon (for a friend) and the Life Guard (for myself) at Bugle Call. Both are excellent sculpts by Rob Lane and are very good castings from Hawk Miniatures.

Andrew
    garyhiggins, Huw63 and Graham like this.
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I stood in front of rob's stand to have a good look at these at figureworld and got distracted... I couldn't get back for another look, wow they are great, and gra hasn't done a bad'un yet.
    Good service off all the guys concerned.

I also saw that flat amy johnson on the white rose stand, not surprised you have one of those graham.
    You have a good eye for purchasing

Paul
    garyhiggins, Graham and Tubby-Nuts2 like this.
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :cry:, All I got today was a 'Credit-Card', billing!! Oh! how things do catch up with you. :eek: .. Frrp!

Mark.
    garyhiggins and Graham like this.
  5. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I get the feeling Graham's going to have fun painting these.
    Am I right or am I right?

Malc
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Overall, you are right Malc, there will be times when it's not but mostly, it will be fun. I have wanted that CGS bust ever since I first saw it. It was doing their three Waterloo Commanders that gave me the confidence to think I could possibly achieve it.

Trouble is, I have taken a fancy to the Trumpeter Royal North British Dragoons-Scots Greys-Waterloo 1815 as well, I just love the look of determination the piece has.
  7. Graham A Fixture

England
  8. Graham A Fixture

England
    sorry, double post
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    OI !

Stop posing with your pc graphics and get them brushes out :)

P
    garyhiggins and Graham like this.
  10. Graham A Fixture

England
  11. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    The drooling bit worries me, but enjoy anyway(y):).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Graham likes this.
  12. Graham A Fixture

England
    Some sample colours I picked from the Darkstar 'Molten Metals' range that I picked for testing. Looking forward to trying them out.

image.jpg
    Huw63, MalcC and garyhiggins like this.
  13. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    And today the post man brought me the latest George MacDonald Fraser "Captain in Calico". not a figure I know, but just as good, a previously unpublished MacDonald Fraser and about the golden age of piracy:):):). With my speed reading techniques, I should just about finish it in time for the annual reading of A Christmas Carol. Wanting to make it a bit of an event, instead of waiting for it to come out on Amazon, I decided to pre order it from Heywood Hill Booksellers, a proper London bookshop, and get it a month early.
    Bookshops need supporting, best wishes, Gary.
    Graham, billyturnip and Huw63 like this.