1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

TK-max & olive wood ??

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by lolok, Jun 13, 2015.

1. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That got your attention :) I don't know if anyone here has a local Tk-max but if you do check out the houseware dept.
    Never bought clothes there but while looking at suitcases I noticed a big section of kitchen gear which included a goodly pile of Olive wood trays,bowls and random shapes for cheese cutting ??
    I bought 3 of the random and a tray I can invert to suit something..
    The whole lot was about 15 pounds. Good value when you consider small base prices..The Olive wood is sourced from Tunisia and is nicely grained and figured.
    As an aside I also went crazy as the wife is away and bought this guy...
    1,475 .00 zloty or about 300 pounds... I just got a raise in my National health pension so treated myself :) Being Celtic I have a thing for dragons !!!! Smaug_ProdSlide.jpg
    peedee, Dan Morton and kenshin393 like this.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If TK Max sell dragons I for one am going in more often. ;)

Paul
  3. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Shssssss..It's a secret.:)They do have some fun stuff at times..Christmas I saw the 1/9th DRAGON iron-man kits and a few weeks ago a 3 foot long T-Rex skeleton kit !!!!
    Smaug is Games Workshop grey resin kit...and still cheaper than Sir Peter Jacksons Ltd edition statue.
    peedee likes this.
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh,
    You said G W !........................The Wobbly Wizard's Wharehouse
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

:D

Paul
  5. Mark S Guest

Whoops!!........ok Mark, stay calm.....steady now,mate...... all you need to do is back up, retrace your steps and fall backwards into the portal you've obviously fallen through and hope to God you end up where you began......amongst the reliably sensible and sagacious folk on Planet figure.
    peedee likes this.
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The scary thing is..... I'm standing outside TK Maxx right now and don't know if I can trust myself in there,
    at least in Primark opposite i know i would go in hopeful and come out disappointed and spend nothing,
    what if.....................?

sod it here goes...........

P
  7. Mark S Guest

Don't do it Pee!!....step away from the brink!.....Peeeeeeeeeee!!!
    peedee likes this.
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's OK Mark

I took your advice

I went to subway for a Sir Christopher Lee Sandwich, :confused:

A FOOT LONG STEAK :dead:

Paul
    OldTaff likes this.
  9. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
  10. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Sorry Paul. Didn't mean to drive you to Primark..A fate worse than Walmart.....
    Is this the result of inhaling Dragon smoke ?? Or resin dust ;)
    peedee likes this.
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hahaha don't worry, I've been in both, the wood is beautiful. They also had various acrylic desk and ladies cosmetic caddies in clear acrylic, could be good for displayin 28-40mm minis, and a range of rough tewxtured light greay resin bathroom 'caddies', they would make nice rectangullar bases for 54-75mm mounted figures, or turned upside down you could build gndwork inside the shallow lip.
    It's all good stuff if you keep your eyes open.
    Thanks for the tip buddy.
    Paul