1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tion Medon

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by marvin, Jun 19, 2006.

1. marvin Member

Netherlands
    Guys,

Thanks for the encouraging words! I've made a bit of progress on the figure. I've done the flaps on the front of the figure's 'robe'. Still a bit rough, since I still need some sanding a filling seams with putty. I think it's a shame that there isn't a lot of movement in the front view off the figure, unlike the back. Any ideas on how I could introduce movement without compromising the stiffness of the robe? All I can think off is adding folds to the shirt above the waistbelt (see reference on first page).

I'm currently working on the back of the figure, but I'm not sure how to tackle the foldes on his back. I know they should run from left shoulder to right hip, but can't find any good reference showing such creases and my model (girlfriend) is off on vacation....

Anyway, here's the front as it is now. Thanks for looking!

[IMG]
  2. Calvin Member

Looking at the picture you used as reference, I think the attractive of that character just resides in the rigidity of the body.
    Maybe taking care in reproducing the lot of folds on the arms will give you a good contrast with the overall immobility. Also, changing the position of the arms could give it a different look, static but with a bit of drama.
  3. marvin Member

Netherlands
    Luca,

Yeah, maybe I should just leave the figure 'stiff'. You're right, The thing that attracted me to the character is his 'regal' elegance and stiffness.

And those folds are going to be tricky. I think I'll be using Sculpey for those, because I'll need a lot of time working in all those folds and creases!

- Marvin -