1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Timbalier Chasseur a' Cheval of the Guard

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Bassman, May 16, 2015.

1. Bassman Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is my latest work. Timbalier of the Chasseur a' Cheval of the Guard 1810. It is based on a painting
    by Eugene Leliepvre, which was on the cover of Campaigns magazine. It is a Historex conversion using
    about 90% Historex parts, with the exception of the riders head, and the arms were sculpted with Magic Sculpt. This went to an avid Historex collector, and it had been quite some time since I have used strictly Historex parts for a project. It was quite fun! Painted in acrylics. Yes I did know Ivo was working on his own Timbalier. We had been emailing each other during the process. They are similar, but different. Thanks for looking.
    Rod

timbalier 6.jpg timbalier 1.jpg timbalier 2.jpg timbalier 4.jpg
    Lasalle, blaster, pgarri27 and 12 others like this.
  2. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great job well done on some very bright colours well done

ian
    Bassman likes this.
  3. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    Great pose. Iam a Historex Fanatic, and I am able to see all that you did to make this come alive. Excellent job. What did you use for the leather fringe horse decoration?
    Bassman likes this.
  4. swralph A Fixture

Excellent work all round.
    Bassman likes this.
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A beauty, lovely painting and conversion work.
    Bassman likes this.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nicely done Rod, you must be able to do these tub-thumpers with your eyes closed. ;)

Great job

Colin
    Bassman likes this.
  7. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    Hi Rod

It was great spend time together at the show. Your work is very good and this figure confirm your ability..

Funny that we did the same subject in the same period and for the same show..

See you next time
    Bassman likes this.
  8. Bassman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks to all for the comments, and kind words! Steve, for the leather fringe, and straps I use paper coated with plastic on one side that I found at my work. It works great for reins, straps, etc. To get them show motion, I coat them with white glue in the desired position. Then paint as normal. Colin, I have done a number of these over the years, and I still enjoy it! Ivo, I also enjoyed the time spent together, and talking shop! I appreciate your comments on my work. It is indeed funny about the timing of the subject we did, but considering the collectors involved, it is not surprising! I think they were pleased with the results. I have two more drummers in the works for them. I guess it is my lot in life!

Best Regards to all
    Rod
  9. Jaybo Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding work Rod. It is great to see your piece along with Ivo's. Well done!
    Bassman likes this.
  10. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic colours - ambitious project that has made the most of the historex parts
    Cheers
    Mat
    Bassman likes this.
  11. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely figure Rod and beautifully painted well done :joyful:
    Bassman likes this.
  12. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful job Rod, from a fellow Historex devotee.
    Bassman likes this.
  13. Akritis Active Member

Greece
    I like it very much Rod. It was nice that i met you at MFCA.
    Bassman likes this.
  14. malc Well-Known Member

England
    Great stuff, more of this I see the more inclined I am to find mine out and do some and even look at 54 mm again.
    Bassman likes this.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    beautifull work.
    I have hear a shopping box full of Historex sets.
    It's time to start something if I see this.

Marc
    Bassman likes this.
  16. Bassman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Jay, Mat, Mike, DaddyO, George, Malc, and Marc for your comments guys! George, It was great meeting you, and your outstanding work last weekend! Your Historex conversions were great. I appreciate your Historex mania!
    Mike, I would like to see some your Historex work, and where in TN do you live? To Malc, and Marc, that is a great idea! There are so many conversion possibilities with the kits, and spare parts! Have a go at it.

Best Regards,

Rod
  17. Huw63 A Fixture

Switzerland
    Fantastic to see some superb Historex work again. Superb work and interesting to contrast with Ivo's interpretation of the same subject.

Cheers

Huw
  18. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Rod,
    I've displayed quite a few of my Historex conversions on here, check my galleries for some of them. I actually live in W. KY near the TN border (Murray to be exact). Moved here from my native Dallas, Texas about 12 years ago.
    Bassman likes this.
  19. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very different and well done on the conversion.
    Cheers
    John
  20. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very, very nice.

Mike
    Bassman likes this.