1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ticket to the frontline

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by petit belge, Jan 10, 2008.

1. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    ‘Ticket te the frontline’ : 1:16th (120mm) scratch

The Ole Bill (not Old Bill) warbus was a pre-war London bus and used in many numbers on the western front. Ole Bill was in those days a cartoon caracter. For military purpose, most of the busses where painted in an olive-green colour, but some still had their original red colour in the grey frontscene. Some even where used as mobile pigeon-houses.

Here we see the 4th Bn of the Royal Fuseliers embarking for the front, lauhging, joking and already whit the flush of victory in their mind.

[IMG]

Hope you like this one.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    There's a lot to feast my eye on in this dio', great work.
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Great dio !
    Where did you find the bus?
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Good work Roger. I am sat looking at the 120mm figures in my cabinet whilst I'm writing this and thinking your bus and figures must be some size!!!

Roger
  5. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Great work. Many interesting vignettes to keep the viewer interested. Brilliant composition.
  6. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    What a wonderful model, antastic in that scale particularly. Simply wonderful
  7. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    The bus is a scratch Vergilius. I remember that Airfix once had this item on 1:32th scale. This is a hand, home made thing on 1:16 in soft PVC of 1mm thick.

Note: all items I use are handmade.

Dimensions of the dio: Lenght: 50cm
    Height: 28cm
    Width: 28cm

[IMG]
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's a fantastic dio
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Roger,
    Very neat and original.
    Cheers
    John
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Roger - Marvelous! Your bus diorama certainly turned out perfectly! You should definitely put that into competition @ Euro Militaire or elsewhere. :)

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Anzac1917 New Member

United-Kingdom
    I remember the Aifix kit from my youth. As I recall they issued two versions one as a shiny London bus and the other as a Western Front Old Bill type. Over the years I often hoped that they would re-issue the Western Front version. However, I am in awe of your scratchbuilt model particularly the large scale. Fantastic.
  12. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Simply wonderful

Dear Roger,

A very enjoyable diorama. I could not believe that this was done on 1/16 scale. The bus is terrific as are the figures.
    I have the old Airfix bus painted up in red and am also awaiting in vain for the reissue of this in khaki version. If only some enterprising company would also issue a conversion pigeon loft kit for this, that would be something.

Rgds Victor
  13. petit belge New Member

Belgium
  14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice diorama, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    Roc
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    amazing work !
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That bus is awesome.
    Good painting and realy nice weathering.

marc