1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Thumbs Down - Rome AD78

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Apr 16, 2011.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Eddy,eric many thanks for your kind coments (y)

Harry - many thanks for your supporting material you've added,it certainly opens up a debate for disscussion,yes i do have plans to complete 2 gladiator busts starting next month,i will take on board all your coments and hope to learn from these in future projects. (y)

Markus - many thanks for your constructive and kind coments as well,as i've mentioned above i can only learn from these which in turn will hopefully make me a better miniaturist painter.(y)

I would like to thank all my fellow planeteers for your kind and constructive coments,i will hopefully learn from the negatives which in turn wcan only make me a better painter.

I think thats the beauty of PF forums,so many great miniaturists and painters on this site with different views and opinions on different subjects you cant help but learn from it all.

Brian ;)
    gordy likes this.
  2. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello brian
    should you go for more gladiators try the 54mm VERLINDEN vignette.it shows an very similary pose.but the figures are made after the latest state of research.so wears the scutor now the right helmet.
    and the are barefooted.
    the figures from you follow an painting of an french artist during the 19.century
    the verlinden pair sells for 20 bucks,and is in my oppinion very good like most of the 54mm verlinden vignettes.
    cheers
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks markus for your views and coments,when i started figure painting about 20yrs ago i painted quite alot of verlinden figures mainly the 120mm ones,i found them great to paint at the time but i've gone off them a bit now,i prefer the Andrea and Pegaso figures now.