1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thoughts on planetFigure

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DEL, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Was thinking (I'll be having a lie down) about pF and how it very much is a community of shared interests.
    Like any community it has its cliques, its fall outs, its comings and goings.
    It's a dynamic and that's just fine in fact it's what keeps pF healthy.
    What has always been a constant is the willingness that members have to help each other.
    Over the past 15 years I've often asked for help and advice and never have I been let down.
    Just recently I was looking for a skeleton and Gary D came up trumps (y)
    I got the skeleton today along with some skulls and helmets, posted by Gary from Canada, I couldn't be more delighted.Until I can buy him a couple of pints
    beerchug.gif
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I agree Del, it is a pleasure to be part of this hobby, in the 14 years since l returned to modelling l have met a lot of very dedicated and talented people and forged some very close friendships.

As you say the spirit of support and willingness to share and support fellow modellers is second to none...the hobby at the moment l think is in a very healthy state.

Keith
    malc, Dan Morton, Richie and 8 others like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

I am by far not the best painter but I enjoy what I do and this has for sure been a major part of my life both the hobby and more recent years of course PF

Totally agree what's been said by DEL and Keith , the community that PF is and continues to be is along with all the various members who contribute so much to its success and to the hobby can only be a positive thing

I have been given so much help in the past and sure it will happen again if needed

...some say Inneed a lot of help,...LOL

The friendships I have made albeit some across the Internet will remain with me always

THANK YOU to you ALL for support in making PF what it is for me

I personally welcome any suggestions to make it better for you .....some mght not be possible but ALL will be looked at

Happy benchtime

Nap
    malc, Mirofsoft, Dan Morton and 10 others like this.
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have always enjoyed it on here, a great place with some really nice people.

Thanks guys.(y)
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Same here.
    Always liked it, even since 2014 as number 204 (if I remember it right). Guy Herrick, Rocco Alcaro where my first teachers.

Marc
    Blind Pew, Nap, akaryu and 1 other person like this.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    My favourite pit-stop when surfing the Interweb.

- Steve
    Dan Morton, Blind Pew, DEL and 3 others like this.
  8. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    All has been said and I can only agree! The vast amount of knowledge, skill and the willingness to share it is quite unique and all in a good humored spirit that reminds me of a remark by the late Jean Hoyos: "La figurine il faut la faire avec du sérieux, sans se prendre au sérieux", which freely translates as : Take your figure modelling/painting serious, but don't take yourself too serious. In that lighthearted spirit of shared knowledge and passion, let's raise our glasses to the forum! Cheers!

Pierre
  9. Banjer A Fixture

England
    I think it is one of the friendliest and most helpful forum I have been on.
    I have only come across one troll on here but he seems to have stopped posting and shows as a guest on his profile.

Long may it continue thus.

Bill
    Mirofsoft, Blind Pew, DEL and 2 others like this.
  10. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This is the best place. Period. ( Now I sound like Trump)
    DEL, Nap and harrytheheid like this.
  11. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States

No!!….Don't go there Bob (Trump)......PF is a place of varied personalities, with the same interest; and a great place to burn some time.

Wayne:)

P.S...….I'm not crazy about the guy....other then that, I'm not talking.
  12. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I couldn't agree more Del....;)
    Thanks
    H
    akaryu, DEL and Nap like this.
  13. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I will add, that that is a highlight of PF. Having the opportunity to help somebody along is great. This is to a large extent quite a solitary hobby and it's nice to bounce ideas off people, ask questions and hopefully bring somebody along.

I've always found it welcoming on here for people regardless of their ability level - I place a massive value on that aspect - and have never found any elitism on PF - ever!

(now I sound like Trump. Maybe we all will eventually.)
    Richie, DEL, John Bowery and 5 others like this.
  14. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Now that's a frightening prospect! :eek:

Pierre
  15. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I have helped several people on here and I thoroughly enjoy being of help to others in different parts of the world and the friendship that it affords. I would like to meet some of them at some time, but who knows, the world is now a very small place. I have learnt a lot from people here and I have my own books that I printed from SBS's from Planet Figure over the years and occupy the bottom shelf of my bookcase.
    library.jpg
    Thanks Planet for the help.
    Cheers
    John
  16. DRUMS01 Member

It's me,... Ben (DRUMS01), Even though it has only been a couple months, I can safely say that I like it here....

While I still build scale models of all types and participate in several other forums, I always come here for some serious inspiration. Many of you who post here possess outstanding talent that most of us will never reach, and I really enjoy seeing your works. I say that to let you know that for me this is not a competition, but rather a assembly of like minded builders with many different interests and talent levels. I marvel at the sculpting talent I see posting here too. These abilities along with the knowledge and personalities found here really make this a fantastic resource for ANY modeler.

This forum has already helped me in my new found interest of figures modeling. The resources, build and WIP posts, vendor lists, tutorials, and most importantly THE PEOPLE are what makes this forum strong and welcoming. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I plan on being a positive participating member here for a long time to come. Thanks to all of you who have made me feel welcome,.. thank you. To those of you I have still to cross paths with,.. hello and I look forward in meeting you. Perhaps some day I too will be a "fixture" and possess enough knowledge to share with others. Till then I will work on improving my skills and posting my results.

Thanks Planet-Figure....
  17. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Funnily enough John I have exactly the same at the base of my desk, SBS's, colour mixes, downloads of completed works. It's like having your own modelling encyclopaedia, all supplied by PF members.

Keith
  18. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Here, here, good form Del, good form!! I agree ;)
    harrytheheid, DEL and Nap like this.
  19. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Can only agree with all that's been said (y)

Ron
    harrytheheid, DEL and Nap like this.
  20. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    I like it here. It used to be a great complement to the various published figure modelling magazines then but sadly, most of them have ceased and although you can get these digitally now, its not the same thing. PF offers latest figure updates and good modelling support and advice. Some member go the extra mile to supply great reference info. Thanks!

Rgds
    Victor
    Huw63, DEL, Babelfish and 1 other person like this.