1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thoughts on NMM

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by jimz66, Sep 16, 2022.

1. milbenplage Active Member

That is a reasonable point, but a lot of painters try this. TBH: I'am more afraid to use TMM on busts than I'am afraid of using NMM. -.-
  2. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It always comes down to our individual tastes and preferences...whatever works for you...for me personally...TMM works best...but I freely acknowledge there are some superb artists out there using NMM.
    Ron
  3. Ronaldo A Fixture

Having seen it for the first time in the flesh at Scale Scotland my feelings are mixed .
    It was well done but its not quite right and in some instances just looked like heavily shadowed yellow and grey paint , the skill to get it to where it was is indeed high and it does photograph better than in real life . If you can hack metallic paints then for me they look better.
    Again its in the eye of the beholder
  4. Ronaldo A Fixture

Manga comics come to mind