1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thoughts on a technique I had not heard of previously....

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Adrian Cowdry, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Dear gentle folk of Planet Figure,

I recently visited some friends in the US and a fellow modeller (he likes monsters and superheroes - who doesn't?) and I got chatting and discussing various methods.

He has taken to using metallics in eyes - mixing a spot in with the eye color - giving an irridesence - which I have to say looked pretty good - of course it depends on the figure Framkensteins Monster needs to be dull dead looking eyes as opposed to bright and alive looking eyes...

I'd like to throw this in the ring and see if you folk have any thoughts, experience on the matter.

I'm probably going to give it a go at some point - I think it is something that would have to be confined to larger scales....looking forward to answers and replies.

It is something that never really occurred to me.
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good idea Adrian.
    I could see that working on a lot of large scale, fantasy figures, and any piece where a twinkle in the eye is what the sculpt is portraying.
    paul
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That does sound interesting, I'd like to see an example.
  4. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'll second that, someone give it a go! (I'm too lazy)
    peedee and billyturnip like this.
  5. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Heard about it done in skin tones by Alfonso 'Banshee' Giraldes using the Scale75 Alchemy paints.
  6. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I presume his results are out there on the web?
  7. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    They could be. I know he's shown it in at least one of his group lessons.
  8. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Have to try and hunt it down.
  9. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I know he's been filming this week with Painting Buddha so who knows what will be shown in those videos.