1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thorkel the viking is finished.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    These helmets have been very disputed. The helmet in Andreas figures resembles of a find in Sweden dated a few hundred yeas back to the Wendel era. On the other hand theres a find in Gjermundby in Norway of a helmet with similar design and a similar visor.
    [IMG]

The conical helmet with noseguard are more related to the late era vikings. But as many finds shows there were large variations. And also leatherhelmets as well as padded head wear.
  2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Oops, I should have mentioned that the picture is a reconstruction based on the find.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Brad,thanks, your words are sre very encouraging and appreciated, I'm glad you like the Viking.

Ciao

Roc :)
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Gary, thanks, I really appreciate your expert opinion and all the help you have given me with the research material.

I decided to leave the nose guard out temporarily so the face may be seen.

Ciao

5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Janne, thanks for posting the picture and the information, we all appreciate it.

ciao

6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wong, my dear friend, thank you for the kind words and all your encouragement,as you know, I respect your opinion .

You have a good eye, thanks for pointing the wrinkles in the background.

Ciao

Roc
  7. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Roc my friend,

Awesome work. Excellent cape muds. I will take some pics for my collection.

Saludos,

Rafa
  8. vince wai Active Member

Roc,

look foward to seeing the final rendering of the model.

vince
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Rafael, my dear friend, thank you so much for the compliment, I do appreciate.

ciao

10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Vince.thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Ciao
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ciao Roc, can't add much to what have already been said............Fantastic my friend...........as you said and as can be seen the "sheen" is the result of the oils, so I'd rather wait for things to dry and matte down before adding anything which IMHO will be MORE Fantastic :lol:

You've done justice to this piece and you have all my support for the omittion of the facial mask as it gets in the way, so if you can get by without it, leave it off :angry:

Ciao amico ;)

Ray.
  12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ray, carissimo amico, mille grazie per il complimento,come tu sai la tua opininione e' molto importante per me e tengo un grande rispetto per te.

Ammiro molto le tue figurine,sei veramente un artista.

Ciao

13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great Work Roc!

Nice to see this one finished! Whats next?
  14. michelange Member

France
    Rocco my friend,
    Bravo, your Viking is very beautiful. :) The contrasts are very pronounced, what is very aesthetic in photo. Can be have answered at this question, you are the oil painter?

Bruno
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my dear friend,an EXCELLENT JOB on a very well-sculpted figure (y) (y) !! WELL DONE !!! Do post the final picture with everything highlighted,weathered,etc. so that we can appreciate the finished project properly. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Roc,

Why in the world there are two sides. The one who can't paint and the one who paint so beautifully with there eyes closed.
    I'am the one who belong to the first side. Rocco, you definetly belong to the second.
    What an amazing painting. I had to look two time's because i was thinking that it was a picture of a viking.
    Then i remember there where no camera's.

Awesome.
    I hope some day i can paint just like all the masters here.

Marc.
  17. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders, thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

I'm undecided about my next project, I have narrowed down my preference to three figures: The poste militaire Duke of New Orleans, the poste militaire 90 mm Cuirassier standing next to his horse and the 90mm. Mil art Celt.

Help me choose, I can't decide. :eek:

Ciao

Roc. :)
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Bruno, mon ami, merci beaucoup for the compliment and the encouragement,I do appreciate it.

I paint in oils, I like oils very much.

au revoir

19. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, my dear friend, thank you very much for all your support,I truly appreciate.
    I will definitely post the final pictures,I promise.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  20. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hi Mark,thanks a bunch for your kind wirds, I appreciate it.
    My friend you should not sell your self to short, you are a good painter.

Cheers