1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thomas Jefferson & John Adams - 54mm originals for World Expo Auction

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    It's been a while since I've posted, though I do visit regularly. Recently got back into it, and I'm really happy to be enjoying figures again.

Here is the first part of a collaboration between Dennis Levy and my self which will be part of the 2017 World Expo figure auction to be held at the upcoming MMSI show in Chicago. The piece will be a box diorama/vignette. We are showing the moment when John Adams first reads Jeffersons initial draft of the Decleration of Independence. Adams is deep in thought about the document, while Jefferson is awaiting his opinion on the piece.

The figures were sculpted with Milliput standard (yellow/gray) and painted with acrylics. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Knill22, winfield, theBaron and 18 others like this.
  2. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Anders, this looks very cool. Great pair, you and Dennis. See you in Chicago.

Steve
  3. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Super nice work Anders on these originals! I'm sure this will be a stunning piece that you and Dennis are working on.

See you in Chicago!
  4. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Quality work - you can almost feel the tension between the two characters.

-Rich
  5. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    You should get surgery more often! This is a stunning combination and has really captured the atmosphere.

Bob
  6. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Stunning sculpts and painting.
  7. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent sculpting and painting as well as a great idea.
  8. Huw63 A Fixture

Great idea very well executed.

Cheers

Huw
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you everyone! I hope the piece does well for the auction to raise needed funds for the show and coming shows. I, as well as a lot of people ma really excited to the world expo here in the states so want to do all that I can to support it.

Bob...thanks but no thanks! This surgery business is brutal, and have zero desires to do it again!!
  10. MrBMB A Fixture

Very nice indeed :)
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb sculpts and painting.
    The tension between them is palpable, even without the box setting.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I think this is gonna hit the sealing at the auction.

marc
  13. ModelCellar A Fixture

Anders,

...very nice =)!

Paul
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    Great job and should do well at auction.
    Cheers
    John
  15. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Good to see you posting here again Anders. Lovely sculpts that as Marc said, ought to hit the ceiling!

Joe
  16. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top notch stuff as always.
    I'm fascinated to see how this pair end up being staged.... either both on the same base, or separate bases...
  17. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    That's simply fanastic work, bravo and good luck for the auction.
    Regards
    Chris.
  18. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent figures! And I can hardly wait to see Dennis' work on the shadow box. Maybe we'll get to see it here first, before the expo.

Prost!
    Brad
  19. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Outstanding work, especially considering how very difficult it is to convincingly portray a figure at rest! And here I thought Alexander Hamilton was the founding father of choice at the moment!