1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thomas Jefferson, 54mm Sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Aug 22, 2009.

1. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Anders,

Your two recent sculpts are top-notch. Rgds Victor
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!!

Yes, I might have it done for Euro, it all depends on how the face sculpting goes. In the pictures as you can see there is not much of a likeness to Jefferson. At this stage it is simply a slighlty modified Hornet head, but need to work on the nose, cheeks and a bit on the chin to make more of a resemblance to the man himself.
  3. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Excellent work so far , hope you get him finished for Euro.

Cheers David
  4. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hi Anders,
    great sculpt :eek:
    please, can you tell me how you did the buttons ?
    thanks

Seb.
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks, I'll have him at Euro!

Sebastien,

The buttons were punched out of thin lead foil with the back of a drill bit, just select the size of button you need and find an approproate sized drill bit, use the back side (the side that goes into the drill motor/vice) and put the lead foil inyour palm, and press the drill bit through the leadfoil, sometimes you need to twist the drill bit a little, but you will punch through the lead foil and a little button will end up in our palm. It is a lot harder to describe then it is to do, it is very simple, and very fast to do. Hope this helps a little bit, I'll take some pictures next time to explain it better!
  6. STJohnson New Member

United-States
    Thats just Awesome.He looks so natural like he is in deep thought.

Are you going to make this available cause I want one :)

How about making one in 120mm or 1/16
  7. je_touche Member

Germany
    Anders, I like your sculpting, and I like this one too, very clean work and interesting subject matter.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is a very nice looking figure Anders and you are capturing the human form very well lately mate, you have definetely captured an ellegance to the figure which depicts the period well.

Steve