1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

They it would be over by Christmas

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Hardy Guest

Please release the Tommy first!! Hardy
  2. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Steve
    "Good fo you for having the work to strip your balls and start again"
    A different slant on the first line of your post.Just had to say it.
    Brian
  3. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Wow! wonderful!
    I saw this your work from a picture of this year's euro.
    I think Great work.
    I liked the atmosphere of the figure very much.

Mitsutaka
  4. Recon Active Member

Norway
    I saw this one at Euro and could feel the cold temperature from his face!
    Looking forward to seeing the repaint, if you manage to make it better than the last one we are in for a treat!

-Sverre
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Dave, I also saw this bust and IMHO you did a FINE job as always, but if it will make you better to repaint it just do it mate!!!

You'll be amazed at how more peaceful your sleep will be after the mission is accomplished!!!

Keep us posted pls, and keep sane by all means!!! Was so nice to see you and lots of others at Euro.........

I'll PM asa I post this........

Ray ;)

P.S. Brian you almost made me choke on my coffee with laughter LOL
    Good one :D
  6. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Dave,

Like I said I thought the first version was great my old mate. But I can't wait to see the next version, it will be fantastic!!!

Paul will be very happy, of that I'm sure!!!

Ray; It was great to see you at Folkestone mate as always!!!! We didn't get to have a beer together but next year for sure!!

carl
  7. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    I really like your job, Dave, in this unique bust.
  8. el cid New Member

Canada
    Yeah I suppose I set myself up for that one...
    Good one Brian....LOL
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Carl, yes sadly enough we didn't get to have that beer together.......the weekend is TOO SHORT damn :( and one gets LOST SO EASILY :D but as you said next year for sure mate!!!

Ray ;)
  10. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks very much for the comments, I have just retextured the bust at the moment, but will get to the face when I can get my head around painting again

Ray/Carl, can I join you......

Dave
  11. carl reid A Fixture

England
    I'm sure it will be great Dave when you get to dip your brushes again mate!!!

Of course you can join us Dave you need no invitation mate!!!

Carl

I'll give you a call later Dave, if your around...?
  12. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Dave
    You'll have to let us into you re-texturing technique .Maybe an sbs?
    Brian
  13. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Quite superb: any chance of a full figure?
  14. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Dave,

an excellent figure. I am sure that you will surpass even this standard with the repaint.

Rgds Victor
  15. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I saw Randy's copies today at a club meeting and I have to say these are fantastic, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of each of them.
  16. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    It was already excellent painted!
    But I´m looking forward to your new and even better version.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  17. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments, yes in my mind I hadn’t done the job the bust deserved, But thanks anyway, I have been lucky in that the texturing didn’t need to be redone so I have base coated the Gor blimey and the great coat already along with the flesh.

As far at the texturing is concerned its a method I have used before and will use again.

1. Mask off the areas you dont want textured, leaving the areas you want to be textured exposed as bare resin/metal.

2. Use a hair dryer to warm the piece up, then lightly spray 3M Spraymount glue over all the areas to be textured make sure you do it from a distance of about 12 inches, preferably outside as it stinks, the heat of the piece should make the glue dry pretty quickly. I would suggest perhaps leaving it to thoroughly dry for about 2 hours.

3. Now mix some enamel matt white or what colour you prefer for primer, so it can be airbrushed or use a spray can version, I prefer it to be thinner than in the can, so I can put on a thin layer at a time.

4. Again Warm the piece and spray the colour primer you have chosen, then dry off with the hair dryer again, this should give a more permanent state for the texturing.

I hope this helps any body with the method as its a nice even finish as well as textured, so perfect for this kind of woollen material.

Dave
    Merkava and Tommi like this.
  18. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    You ever finish your second take on this Dave? And if so how bout some more photos please :)

Mike
  19. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
  20. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks damned good to me .

Perhaps we stick our neck out a bit re relying on judging ,beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,you can't please everyone or go home with every chick you chat up :D