1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Thermo-Priest (Rackham)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hello everyone

Something new from me out of the darkest forest of the Sauerland. I have try to paint a very little figure (28mm) from Rackham. Don´t know anything about it, but I like some Rackham Figures because they a very good sculpted.

But there it is

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Any comment or critic is welcome and helpful

Ulrich
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Not my favorit stuff Ulrich, but you did a great job...

Marc
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Good on ya Ulrich! I too like the sculpting on these guys and am currently painting one myself. They present a good opportunity to paint more extreme colours and lighting, so I'm finding it a therapeutic break from the precision of historical miniatures.

The subject themselves are incredibly bizarre as evidenced by your choice above, what an odd looking little fellow and hope he was fun to paint.

Take care,

Mike
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice work Ulrich. Keep him away from the Iserlohner it might be too strong for little fellows like him:D
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    @ Roger. This little fellow is a dwarf. And I think you know that dwarfs had the strongest beer in the world. So nothing is strong enough for that "little" fellow

@ Mike. It was not my first Rackham figure. Here are some others
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    and
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

But while painting that dwarf I try for the first time to paint "extreme" hightlights and shades. It was a fun to paint that little ones and there are some in my grey army waiting to be paint

Ulrich
  6. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Rackham Nasty Gnome

Hi again Ulrich,

Can see you have done a few mate, neat little fellows more appreciated on the continent than elsewhere I think. Here is an In progress of a little guy I've just finished, when I have time I'll post him here and on CMON for comment. Great fun! :)

Take care,

Mike

Attached Files:

7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Not my cuppa, but well done Ulrich! I can see how they would be enjoyable for the painters in the crowd!

All the best,
    Dan
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Mike

looks good your nasty gnome. I like to paint them because you can use nearly every colour and must not decide is it historical correct or not or must I changed there something and so on.

Only fun

Ulrich
  9. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    This little guy comes as part of a set with 7 really brutish Orc called "Clan Orque". I have one of them primed but plan to do some Romans before him probably. Found cleaning up and sharpening the detail on these took a bit of time but really pays off in the long run.

Take care,

Mike