1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

the weathering of two colors red and blue?

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by mcsnead17, Nov 12, 2014.

1. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    I would like to if it is possible for me to graying down on two colors red and blue using acrylic paints ?
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark,
    More information would be helpful. Are you looking at weathering reds and blue's, or Highlighting/Shading the same colours, or even changing the tone?

Regards,

Mark
  3. polyphemus Well-Known Member

I guess that this is a question with regard to the use of complemetary colours to neutralise a primary colour. This could be used to reduce the vibrancy of the primary colour & even effect weathering or shading. In the case of blue you could use orange & in the case of red you could use green. The type of paint is immaterial & I would suggest experimenting a little until you achieve the effect you're after.

Geoff
  4. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    years ago I attend a painting from the my club where greg talked about graying down colors including british scarlet I believe that is red but he used a lighter mixed a dark green and then mixed that with a scarlet and got what I called a washed out red but all I am asking is it possible to do the same thing with Vallejo or Reaper Paints ? or any other paints ?
  5. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Mark, I believe that is possible with any paint.

Geoff
  6. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    thank you every one but I think I should be doing this myself and not rely on others .