1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The warrior Emperor (Basil II)

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Theodoros, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    This is a minor modification of the well known bust "Anglo-Norman crusader 1189" by H&V miniatures ( http://www.heroesvillainsminiatures.com/product/anglo-norman-crusader-1189/ )
    Represents the Eastern Roman Emperor Basil II (greek: Βασίλειος) (reign 976-1025), nicknamed the Bulgar Slayer (greek: ὁ Βουλγαροκτόνος). A fearless, tireless soldier, up to his old age.
    He carries the typical gear and clothing elements of a high rank Byzantine officer of the time : Iron helmet, chain mail and cuirass. The decoration of the cloak is the battle between an eagle and the snake, very common at the ecclesiastical decoration. The inscription on the helmet : no one saw my spear not fighting (greek : OY ΓΑΡ ΤΙC ΕΙΔΕΝ ΤΟ ΕΜΟΝ ΔΟΡΥ ΗΡΕΜΟΥΝ), was written on his tomb as a part of a further verse.

Thanks for viewing and commenting !

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wonderful paintwork, a very nice piece

Mobo
    Theodoros likes this.
  3. Oda A Fixture

These photos do not even come close to doing justice to this piece Theodoros and as I have seen it up close,I know what I am talking about.

Oda.
    Theodoros likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull.
    marc
    Theodoros and Oda like this.
  5. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Marc, Oda and Mobo, thank you all for your kind comments.
    Basil II, is among my favorite heroes since my childhood. I am grateful to our hobby that I managed to "touch him" through it !
    Oda likes this.