1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The War that made America

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by garyjd, Jul 2, 2004.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I was not sure where to post this, so here it goes. This series is due out next year and looks like it could be pretty decent although it does not have a "blockbuster" like film budget, guess the proof will be in the final product. Check it out.~Gary

http://www.thewarthatmadeamerica.org/wma_flash.html

P.S., Thought I'd give the Calvin avatar the rest of the Summer off.
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I'll be looking forward to seeing that. I love that period. It's rich material for figure subjects.
  3. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Gary, who will be running this? PBS or one of the main stream stations?

Jim Patrick
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Jim, I saw that it's being produced by WQED in Pittsburg. That's a PBS affiliate and they produce several shows. It reminds me a little of the series on THC, "Tales of the Old Northwest". Hopefully it will be of similar quality. I checked out that gallery and the costumes seem very authentic.
  5. PeteC Member

THat looks like a pretty good series Gary. Thanks for the post. Too bad we have to wait until the Fall of next year!
  6. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks John. I'm glad it'll be on PBS as their shows tend to rely more on historical accuracy v.s. Hollywood's version. Looking forward to this series as well.

Jim Patrick
  7. Einion Well-Known Member

I'm getting 'Last Of The Mohicans' flashbacks, no bad thing :)

Gary, the commemoration logotype in your sig is one gorgeous piece of design isn't it?

Einion
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Einion, I've already watched it and other period related shows I have on tape. Just wait until my bench is cleared.

The logo is nice, it looks even better on a t-shirt.~Gary