1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Virtual Museum of Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Alkimia, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think it would be corteous to ask or at least inform that work is beeing displayed. I know a couple of people who were surprised to see their work there.
    Like it was mentioned before, there probably will not be objections to this.
    With regards to "profits" - may be its not a right way of putting it - but how is the site funded? I havent seen any adverts - but if there was advertising, that would mean that site is earning - by footfall to see images. Then is it would need to a be clear that site is earning to maintain the project only.

All above aside, the website looks good and there are alot of great figures already.
  2. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

I must agree with Gaudin. Although any PR is good there is at least one of mine which I paid considerable money to have painted yet no mention of sculptor or manufacturer. The images must have come from the website and are owned by the website owner/manufacturer once the commission has been paid. I don't really have a problem as I like to share anything but it would be nice to be acknowledged and to give the viewer the information. I would not use someone else's picture as boxart and on the website without paying and acknowledging even if it was on the net, it's just a courtesy thing.

But, I still think the whole site is absolutely superb to see
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

This is a great idea perhaps a directory of the figure producing companies with links ..just a suggestion.

Off to go to the museum for Heavan knows how many times that will make !

Nap
  4. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    Looks like more pieces have been added in the past day or so?
  5. Alkimia Active Member

Italy

....two years of work!....I hope that the project will be live for many years ago!!:)....
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. Klassik Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    Prompt , perhaps subscribes to update the site ?
  7. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!

VMMiniatures seems offline?
    What happened?

Cheers,
    Pedro.