1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Virtual Museum of Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Alkimia, Sep 30, 2014.

1. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Fantastic work Enzo!
    Only a big fan of figures lke you could create an area so important and filled with so many images of precious and unique works .
    Congratulations by Maco
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Awe inspiring. Duly bookmarked for a proper look later.

- Steve
  3. Huw63 A Fixture

Great work Enzo. Thank you. This is a great site that you've created.

Cheers Huw
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    added to my favorites.

Great

Marc
  5. alexthegreat Member

Bulgaria
    Unbelievable! Best creations of the diorama and figure painting grand-masters in one place!
    Thank You for the efforts!
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    fantastic site great stuff on it a joy to look through well done indeed. it's in my favourites now so will be looking at it again and again .

Ian
  7. Pathos Miniatures Active Member

excellent idea ,its a must for all figure enthousiasts..
    well done

Andreas
  8. Alkimia Active Member

Italy
    ...Thank you Friends....It was and is a very hard work....I hope that all painters and sculptors of historical miniatures will help us in the project.....Send your best works and best photos to: enzo.64@tin.it
    ...The virtual Museum is not a forum....it's not possible to write on it.... The forums are very important for our hobby.... Yhank you to Planet Figure for the opportunity...
    Enzo...
  9. Doug Saunders Member

United-Kingdom
    A brilliant site so well photographed and great looking website. Well done!
    pmfs likes this.
  10. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    I too like this site. However, one issue has not been addressed:

The modelers should be named!

Credit for photos would be a good idea too. These people worked hard to create the models and images which form the basis of your website. Your website could not exist without them. Giving credit for their efforts is the very least you could do.....
  11. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    The modellers are named on each detail page when you open a piece for review Mike. The print is perhaps easy to miss but it is there under the thumbnails. I expect finding credit for photos when the pix are likely harvested from multiple existing sources would be very difficult if not impossible in most cases. Most of the shots appear to have been reposted after being found elsewhere on the net on sites like PF. In most cases the photographer and modeller are likely the same person.

Colin
    pmfs likes this.
  12. Alkimia Active Member

Italy

You are right but I think that you have not see the "virtual museum" with attention!!....For any photos (one to one!!!) there are the name of the sculptor, the name of the painter and if is it possible the name of the collector or the name of the productor....I hope that in the future you will see many masterpices with more attention.
    It's the truth!!...Vithout this master it woluld be "nothing"....Excuse me for my bad english...
    Enzo
    crf likes this.
  13. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Sorry, my bad! I did not see any names when i took a quick look yesterday. Thanks!
    crf and pmfs like this.
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!

One more question: do you intend to do some selection of works that you will receive?
    My question is because I see a museum aa a worship place, you do not think that only the best and only these should be present?
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent idea Enzo, great looking site with good quality images, have added it to my favourites and will drop by with regular visits.

Steve
  16. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    congratulation ... what a crasy work you have done !!!

Daniel
  17. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    So inspiring .... Have saved it in favourites
    Wish you every success with this

Frank
  18. Alkimia Active Member

Italy

...The project is to collect the historical miniatures from the born to today or tomorrow!...The problem is that there are very much masterpices in the word but only to start by the 2006-2007 there are good photos (before there aren't digital camers)....I hope that not only the recent works, but also the oldest works can will be on the "virtual museum"....I would like to think that will arrive many photos from anywhere....not only from Master:)....
    Excuse my bad english...
    Enzo
    pmfs and ChaosCossack like this.
  19. Alkimia Active Member

Italy

...I'm crazy!!!...:nailbiting:....
  20. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    This is great !!! Very useful initiative !!! A real feast for the soul of any miniaturist !!!
    ChaosCossack likes this.