1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Vikings are coming

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roc, Sep 12, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Roc,that's one Awesome paint-job that you gave the figure;WELL DONE ! (y) (y) I especially like the treatment given to the veins;so realistic. Looking forward to the next step,my friend. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth, thanks, I very much appreciate your comments and all your encouragement .

keep up the great sculpting. ;)

Cheers,

Roc. :)
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Terrific job Rocco. The whole thread will be very useful to all painters doing Vikings in the future.
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, thank you , I appreciate your kind words and I'm glad you like the thread.
    By the way I love your website , your work is very inspiring.

keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    Roc.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I just started painting the shield, as soon as it's finished I'll post some pictures, hopefully by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Roc.
  6. gary New Member

Hi Roc,

Ok, got off my butt and got the pics uploaded. There is still fair amount of work to do, but I'm getting there. The tunic's pink color should be a bit brighter. It's based on a lichen dye that faded pretty fast... maybe 4-6 weeks at best!

Looking forward to seeing the shield.

Gary
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Gary, thank you very much for posting the pictures.
    The figure looks great, the only thing I would do different is maybe add a bit more shadows and highlights to the face and some delineation with mars black on the helmet, what do you think? , But then again the figure is not yet finished.
    Your leather on the belts is very good and the eyes are very realistic.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the finished product.

Cheers,

8. gary New Member

Roc, the comments about the flesh tones are quite reasonable. What you see is just the basecoat flesh. Nothing done to the face in oils yet... except for the eyes. I've been kicking around some ideas for delineation of the helmet, and may well go for darkening the pie-shaped pieces of the helmet, to more resemble a slightly oxidized iron color. Maybe a couple washes of sepia or umber to do this.

Gary
  9. gary New Member

Roc,

I accidently found this a couple of days ago while surfing. So far as I can tell from the shots I looked over, the colors are either natural dye proper, or really good modern equivalents.

http://community.webshots.com/album/43574071cZQTVI

Gary
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Gary, thanks for posting the community Web shots link, very nice pictures.
    The colors appear to be modern equivalents, but extreemely good.

You have enriched this step by step with interesting information and some great photos; we all appreciate it, and are anxiously waiting for more. ;)

keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Roc :)
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I just finished the front of the shield,when dry I will finish the inside and start the weathering process.

your comments are welcome and aprreciated.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers,

12. gary New Member

13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work on the Viking Roc. I am also doing a Viking (Pegaso 54mm) and have enjoyed seeing your Andrea 90mm come to life.
  14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hello Gary, thanks, I'm glad you like the shield.

Cheers,
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hello Guy, thanks and I'm glad your enjoying the step by step.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing your 54mm viking,I know you will do a good job.

Cheers,

16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey guys, The Viking is nearing completion, I could really use some suggestions and ideas on the ground work. ;)

Thanks in advance.

cheers
  17. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I just finished painting the inside of the shield, as soon as it dries, I will take some pictures and time permitting hope to post them by the end of the week.

Cheers

18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Roc,

I must have been busy :eek: and missed this one. He is looking good and I like the shield. I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

Joe
  19. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Joe, thanks buddy, I really appreciate and respect your opinion.

How was The Chicago show , did you take any pictures?

Cheers,

20. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States