1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Thing from Another World WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Frank-Holger, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Frank-Holger Member

Ok, fellas, here another disgusting piece of Magic Sculpt. THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD. In Progess. I will be a Bust when finished, but before a lot of details have to be added: There will be a Bunch of tentacles swinging around, teeth of cause and more details on the Body and that Headhand. I will add some kind of woodplank bottom through witch this Beast will break (so it is not nessessary to sculpt any body details, hehe!)

The Inspiration came from an old Dark Horse Miniseries, concentrating on the Adventures of MacReady after leaving the Arctis station.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Frank
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks Very Ugly Frank,
    But that is what you want.
    How big is it??
    Looks great, to me.

marc
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Frank, you have really created an ugly creature, kind of reminds of my mother in law having a bad hair day. :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, very nicely sculpted, my compliments.

Cheers
    Roc
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Gee Roc, I sure hope your mother-in-law isn't aware that you're a regular at PF! :lol:

You'd be in TR ---OU---BLE!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Frank, The paintjob will really bring out the "beauty" of this bust.~Gary
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks good so far Frank,
    keep us posted
    christos
  7. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Frank
    :eek: what is this ...? is a very monstruous subject
    compliments to you for creativity .......
    I aspect to see this job complete ........

MAB :)
  8. Kyle Member

United-States
    Frank,

Excellent job - very frightening and well detailed! :eek:

Great work thus far,

Kyle ;)
  9. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Frank...very interesting textures...I hope you intend to give him a suitably drippy, wet and sticky looking paint-job.

Very cool mate...Roy.
  10. Frank-Holger Member

Wow, thanks a lot for your great coms, guys! Sorry for being a bit late, but a cold struck me down for some days with fever, and there was no modelling or checking the forums.

The Figure is inspired by John Carpenters THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD, a SF and Horror Movie about a shapeshifting creature running wild in and Arktis Station. The Film has lots of over the top Special FX from the Pre-CGI movie time and has scared the hell out of me.

So this Bust take its shape. There will be lots of details added, a bunch of tentacles, the Headarm must be finished and some stuff on the head.

Sadly, I begun all the time new projects and let older stuff beside... But I hope to change this over the next months and finish all projects in between.

Thanks for looking and keep up ALL YOUR great work!!

Frank