1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Stand Off

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Ragnar, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi everyone just finished this diorama last night the Highlanders were sculpted by Carl Reid for
    Gordon Mitchell and the Cuirassier was from Graham at CGS Miniatures I completed the Cuirassier first and started on the troopers, they were meant to be stand alone but thought by bringing them
    Together it would give them a focal point. I noticed after painting the horse Cuirassiers always seem to be depicted on Bays and it was to late to start again hope you like it.
    Steve. 3905A030-B1C7-454A-8C30-8BB5512CF7FE.jpeg 607E612A-5381-47BC-81E1-0D4C33034AFA.jpeg AC8C1E14-BDBD-463C-BF74-8FBF06C3B545.jpeg 9C98BAA5-0B03-4AEC-9E72-931E971A683C.jpeg A9603555-3DD4-49C1-9686-DD52A1019B84.jpeg
    Andrew Belsey, Pedro, DaddyO and 16 others like this.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work and painted

Mobo
  3. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mobo
  4. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    A superb vignette. The vividness of the tartans is very impressive.
  5. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Chris it took some time to do the four figures
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  6. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A very fine thing. Beautifully done.
  7. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks peter.
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Great stuff, Steve,.....don't worry about the horse ; by 1815 the cavalry arm were grateful for any nags they could nab. There's a good French print I saw many years ago that showed a cuirassier, fully laden with kit , forage bags, etc., on a smallish horse, as his feet were brushing the grass ! The horse didn't look happy.

Alan
    DaddyO likes this.
  9. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Alan I was a bit worried about the colour of the horse it’s nice to know I had options
    regards
    Steve.
  10. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Amazing work.. the finished scene is fantastic...
  11. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Warren I’m glad you like it
  12. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent, the sense of action is great. I love the touch of the captured Colours that the Currasier already carries, having come for one more..
  13. Ragnar Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Henk I was playing with the idea of removing the colour from the Cuirassier but when I put the two pieces together it looked more dramatic.
    regards
    Steve.