1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Searchers

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Stephan, May 26, 2006.

1. Stephan PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    Hello
    I want to show you my finished Figur of John Wayne.
    Please scroll downwards to see the finished figur.

For opinions to do something better I where happy.

click here for the pics please
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Stephen..........whats next?
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Great sculpting, Stephan! It's a toss-up as to whether I like "Red River" or "The Searchers" more! Great idea for a figure! Are you going to do anything else with this?

All the best,
    Dan
  4. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Hi Stephan,

You got an attractive figure here. John Wayne's one of my favourite movie stars too. I guess that's some childhood nostalgia.

About the painting: IMO some of the highlights are not placed on the proper places in relation to each other and considering a zenithal light source. The highest lights always have to be on the top site of the figure and here they aren't. I reworked one of your photos to point out a few 'problem zones' regarding this matter. You'll notice that the lights on the shoulder and upper arm are darker than the lights on the sleeve. I think the figure could do with some darker shades in well chosen places too, creating more depht.

[IMG]

Best regards.

Johan
  5. Stephan PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    Thanks a lot for your opinions i appreciate them a lot.
    Thanks specially Johan for your comment.
    I think I understand what you mean.
    I will try it.