1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The pelt merchant of Caîro

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by madeg, Apr 3, 2007.

1. madeg Active Member

I bought this set ( from pegaso models) some time ago . But I did not find a suitable figure to ad .
    I started to paint the model ,
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And had an idea to match it but I will have to sculp it myself .
    It is based on the famous painting "the pelt merchant of Caïro" showing a young North African selling his trade in the streets of Caïro . A very exotic theme .

[IMG]

I think a saw this done a long time ago in a foreign competition .But I'm not sure about that . I think I saw a picture in the French magazine " Figurines "

Scenery : Pegaso models resin 54 mm
    Paint : acrylics and oils .
    Still some details to do on the blue tiles and the cobblestones .
    Lights and shadows have to be done a second time because these are oil colours they dry and fade away .

Soon some pictures of the figure
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Marc,
    Go for it. I really find it a good idea. Would love to see it.

marc
  3. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Marc...that's a great painting to transfer into a really impressive looking piece...I would go for that without a doubt.

Roy.
  4. diosytexas Member

England
    oh yes. great start with background. looking forward to seeing it. dave.
  5. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Great idea, Marc, and very unique. Go for it and keep us in the loop. Good luck.
  6. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Thats a great idea mate if you can sculpt it!!!! looking forward to see the progress!!!!
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    fantastic idea. Hope you can sculp it as beautiful as you painted the setting.
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very, very nice and original idea! I look forward to seeing this completed.

All the best,
    Dan
  9. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Marc,

the base looks excellent !!!

And the idea for the figure is great. Can`t await to see it come alive.

Cheers,
    Markus
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Awesome Choice !

Hey Marc !
    I can already "see" the completed figure in my mind's eye ;) !!! Like the others have already mentioned, go for it !!! I'll be looking forward to following this thread closely. Cheers !
    Kenneth :).
  11. Calvin Member

I think this was the figure you refer to. If not wrong the author got no award in spite of his beauty.

Attached Files:

12. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    You are jocking, he didn't get anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. madeg Active Member

I think it was this figure I once spotted.
    I'm going to use the pegaso scenery in stead of rebuilding the original scene .
  14. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great work on the scenery, I think that will add something extra to the scene. I do wish there were more North Arican subjects on the market, I think they would bee so much funn to paint regardless of the subject. BTW I can't believe that the figure pictured did not earn any award.
  15. John Long Active Member

United-States
    It's very nice and faithful to the Gerome painting.

On another note, is it really surprising that the piece got no award? In the open system, the best piece in the display is what gets judged and in the end awarded. It's likely that the artist had better pieces in the display.