1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed The Old Sailor

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sven, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Sven A Fixture

Dear Planeteers,
    I am always interested to learn about the multiple ways other artists paint their models. My latest project was perfectly suited to show my personal working method. If you are interested or have any suggestions, please leave a comment.
    The figure in question is "The Old Sailor" by Creepy Tables - a lovely true bust, i.e. no arms, no hands.
    I always start with the face of the figure. It helps me understanding what kind of character I am dealing with. One I am happy with the face, I am motivated to continue with the rest of the figure.
    Sailor_1.jpeg
    Next step was his hat. I do not paint modern figures that often. That's why I was very exicted to use vibrant and artificial colors.
    Sailor_2.jpeg
    Once I had finished his hoodie, I was getting close to finish The Old Sailor.
    Sailor_3.jpeg
    The last step was adding his pipe and some adjustments. And here is the completed figure: Sailor_4.jpeg Sailor_5.jpeg Sailor_6.jpeg Sailor_2.jpeg
    Hope you like it. Plain but I had a lot of fun with this guy.
    Happy painting everyone and greetings from Berlin
    Sven
    Briggsy, dmcHobbes, marco14 and 13 others like this.
  2. Rob A Fixture

Spain
    He has come out very nicely. He is a bit different to the rest of the "Creepy Tables" miniatures which are neat but somewhat...........strange.
    dmcHobbes likes this.
  3. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Lovely work Sven. He looks great.

Malc
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Sven

That's a nice piece full of character , like the painting on him and the flash of colour

Good work on the flesh and the shirt

*****PLEASE also SUPPORT the COMPETITIONS of your choice by going to the relevant thread on this link and enjoy ENTERING and VOTING ***

https://www.planetfigure.com/forums/bi-monthly-vignettes-dioramas-competition.196/

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to seeing more from you

ENJOY the hobby

Have FUN @ the bench

Nap
  5. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful work

Mobo
  6. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely done, lots of things to like about the outcome.
  7. marco14 PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    that busts is looking great,nice colors and nice painted (y)
    Mario
  8. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Great depth and contrast, looking good!