1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Old Fisherman

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Sven, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Sven A Fixture

Dear Planeteers,
    as announced, here is my version of the new (and limited) bust by Scientific Models. It's a 1:10 scale and comes in 7 pieces. The fitting is just perfect and thus, building the figure was pure fun. Painting, however, turned out to be a real challenge. I went back and forth a few times before I was able to decide on a paint scheme. At an early stage his coat was brown.
    Eventually, I was pretty happy how he turned out and I hope you like this elderly gentleman, too.
    As mentioned above, it is a limited bust and only 100 copies are available.
    Keep on painting!
    Sven
    Old_Fisherman 1.JPG Old_Fisherman 2.JPG Old_Fisherman 3.JPG Old_Fisherman 4.JPG Old_Fisherman 5.JPG
    razor, arj, Len K. and 7 others like this.
  2. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Ah.
    Simply excellent paintjob. And that tattoo!
    Sven likes this.
  3. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Masterful(y) . Nicely understated Sven. A benchmark for all the other versions that will inevitably appear.

Phil
    Sven likes this.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wow, wonderful paintwork

Mobo
    Sven likes this.
  5. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic. I love your version Sven, and the tattoo is a great touch.
    Sven likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England

Just going to agree

That fish is great ....can you share how you achieved the result

this is a wonderful sculpt and good to see it's popular ...WELL DONE goes to Scientific Models for releasing

Why not enter a piece into the class of your choice in our AUGUST's FOTM comp and also vote in JULY classes as well

....And enter in Vignettes & Diorama #3 running till 31/01/22 ...msg me if needed

Always good to see the artwork

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Sven likes this.
  7. misfit151 A Fixture

First class job Sven.....(y). Mike
    Sven likes this.
  8. Sven A Fixture

Hi Nap,
    this was my first fish and there are probably many better ways to paint these creatures of the sea. I started with a base coat of a dark blue-grey and a much lighter grey - both blended wet in wet. I then added many very thin layers of highly dilluted metal colors - blues, greens and even some gold tones. I used the wide range of metal colors by Scale 75. I found the best results can be achieved by adding some non-metal colors to the mix. This makes the result less shiny and leaves just a hint of reflection - just like fish skin.

Yesterday, the postman delivered (after charging some custom fees thanks to Brexit) four new figures. The first one is already primed and ready for some paint.
    Cheers
    Sven
    Nap likes this.
  9. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    very very nice
  10. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very different, and very nice Sven.
    The muted colour combinations work well together.

Cheers,
    Andrew