1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The Old Fisherman.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Henk, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is the Old Fisherman, sculpted by Muji Park, and cast and distributed by Scientific Models.
    Painted with acrylics and mounted on a base by Oakwood Studios.

20210823_150154.jpg 20210823_150213.jpg 20210823_150406.jpg 20210823_150455.jpg 20210823_150553.jpg 20210823_150333.jpg
    Nap and Old Pete like this.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Looks very good, well painted

Mobo
  3. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mobo.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Henk

That didn't take you long .....looks good , nice repair , if I may in the last picture I think there's a bit of primer showing on the headwear

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  5. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Kev. No, not long. It's a combination of a simple, but expressive sculpt, which suits my painting style, and a subject that really grabbed me.
    That's not primer Kev, but reflecting light. The oilskins are shiney, and reflect a lot of light. I really need to get a proper light box to take pictures..
    Nap likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Good on ya ..thanks for clarifying things

Look forward to the next

Nap
  7. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  8. Sven A Fixture

Great to see this bust finished. I like it a lot.
    You are not the only one, who was grapped by the subject. However, your color choice is very different. It is part of the fun and magic of our hobby that the same figure can turn out so differently just by using a different set of colors.
    I should be able to finish my copy over the weekend and will then share some pictures.
  9. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    what happened to the swordfishs nose ?
  10. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I didnt notice that until I was taking the pictures, and looked at the box for the details.... I have it, it must have broken off when I took the bit out of the bags :censored:.. I'll have to stick it on when I get back home. It's not a big job.
    Nap likes this.
  11. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    don't, I have somehow lost the rope joining his hands to the fish !, I know I had it as i took a photo of it for my review of the kit on here ! At least you can glue your broken bit back on. I will have to make a new rope out of magicsculp FFS !!
    Nap and Henk like this.