1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"The Northern Raider"

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Fernando Ruiz, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    ¡Hola a todos!
    Esta es una de las últimas cosas que he pintado. Se trata de un busto de escala reducida para una de las versiones del boxart (la otra, a cargo de Jesús Martín) de esta misma referencia de la marca Nocturna. Modelada por el genial Jonathan Monerris, es una figura que es un auténtico placer de pintar, con interesantes texturas y muchas posibilidades. Lleva un nasal como pieza aparte, que se puede colocar o modelarle los remaches que faltan en el refuerzo del casco para dejar la cara descubierta:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Una miniatura recomendable al 100%, disponible aquí.
    Saludos
    FeR[IMG]

More...
    napoleonpeart, red tom and gordy like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Absolutely amazing paintwork.
    And now a personal: i don't like catchlights in the eye. When you look at a different angle (that means not straight into the eye) to the figure they always seems to have cataract. You can see it very clear into your pictures.
    I see that always in bust's with catchlights....
    So why are we painting them????

Marc
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States

2D artists have the advantage of a forced viewing angle, in 3D the illusion breaks during viewed outside the painters defined pov :)

Maybe some personal preference? I don't like ketchup on my french fries ;)
  4. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Well, I had this same conversation with a friend the other day. If you give a coat of gloss varnish to the eye, it works OK in hand, but not so well in 2D (i.e. a picture).
    So, next time I'll paint a bust, I'll try an idea I have in mind to avoid the problem with this effect...
    Regards
    FeR
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Fernando ,
    What a great paint job , love the plaid and the metallics , I will be/have ordered mine from Steve at SK Miniatures ..looking forward to painting this one .

Nap
  6. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Glad you like it!
    Any question you have about my version, just ask.
    Regards
    FeR