1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"The Madolinist"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Nov 3, 2005.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Stephen :lol: ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :) .

BTW,how's the horse sculpt coming along ? Has it been cast yet ?
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my friend,thank you very much for the encouragement;I really appreciate it ! Cheers !
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Jacek,I really appreciate the positive comments :lol: !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason,my friend,thank you very much :lol: !! Seeing examples of your clean sculpting has certainly helped me ALOT in trying to improve on my own sculpting efforts. Once the groundwork is done,I promise that this little fella will get some paint on itself. Cheers !
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    :lol: :lol: !! Thank you very much,Quang;I really appreciate the encouragement ! Cheers !
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: !
    The next step in my project : the boots and rifle. The footwear is detailed from a pair of Verlinden spare boots and the rifle is from ICM. I decided on a German weapon as these units used whatever was available to them then and Germany did supply some arms to the White Army units. Thanks for looking and cheers !

[IMG][IMG]
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Kenneth..........love those boot laces.
  8. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Great figure Kenneth. I really enjoy this period and the uniforms. The boot laces are a very nice touch. Will it be commercially available?

John
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Guy :lol: !! Next up will be the mandolinist's "guests" and the groundwork. Cheers !
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi John ! Thank you very much for the encouraging comments;I really appreciate it :lol: ! No,it's only a one-off for the moment;I don't think I have the talent yet to sculpt masters for commercial releases yet ;) ! Cheers !
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    My friend another nice piece of u in the making . I love ur body language and the themes u picj since they tell a story and theyre different . Waiting to see how it will progress!!!

Nice work there
    Cheers
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Costas,my friend !! I'm currently working on the groundwork and will post some more in-progress photos soon. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Greetings,my friends :lol: !
    Well,as promised,here,then,are the photos of the groundwork for the "Mandolinist". The base consists of a polyurethane foam piece covered with a white-glue mixture of Celluclay and loose groundwork materials. The grass is a mix of dried seaweed,static grass and some scrub-like dried plants. The tree stump is from Amand P. Bayadi and the pumpkins from Reaper Miniatures. I made the pumpkin vines from 2-part epoxy and added the pumpkin leaves from the Hudson and Allen "vine" set. The rats are from Plus Models,the bottles from Verlinden,the cup from Michael Roberts and the cigarette pack from Dio-Art. Next-up will be painting and making the name-plate for the vignette. Thanks for looking and cheers !

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Kenneth.......I can almost hear the music.
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Guy;me too,me too ;) :lol: :lol: !!! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Kenneth great work. What's he playing? :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Stephen ! He's playing a mandolin. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, beautiful work, I love it. I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.
    What is next on your work bench?

Keep up the great work

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ha ha Kenneh I got you there. I know it was a mandolin.Just asked what song he's playing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  20. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth!

Looks great!

I don't believe I've ever seen
    a pumpkin patch in miniature.
    Very nice touch (y)