1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed The Lord of Lion completed (1:10 bust from NutsPlanet)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by storm_zh, Mar 26, 2014.

1. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Hello, arxo, swralph, Rompy, Brian, Steve, Chris, Hugo, Billy, housecarl, Pedro, Ben, zane, Ski, Ulrich, Adrian, Marc and Captain Lol, thank all of you very much for your kind words. I am really glad that you like this piece. I will certainly continue to post here on PF when I have the chance to start painting the next miniature/bust in my gray army :) Much appreciated.
  2. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to your next project
    Regard Chris
    storm_zh likes this.
  3. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Thanks for watching and your kind words, Chris:)
  4. saruxaxa Active Member

A quick tip, the red fabric is silk? For more silk effect you can add to the mix a few of metallic pigment, to get the peculiar bright of the fabric.
    believe me, It will look great.
    Fantastic work on the face, I like it a lot.
    storm_zh likes this.
  5. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    You did a bang up job on this one. Beautiful piece (y)!

Joe
    storm_zh likes this.
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice work on the finished piece Jason.Also thanks again for the SBS.Will keep on file to use when I get to work on my piece............Best regards......Wayne
    storm_zh likes this.
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    No problem. That would be a good deal
    storm_zh likes this.
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I hope your next project is the Jon Snow sculpt from the same company
    Ben
    storm_zh likes this.
  9. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Thank you for your positive comment, saruxaxa. For this bust, the red cloak is just cloth not silk. Much appreciated for your tip sharing for painting silk. I haven't heard of that tip but it does sound very interesting and creative. I will certainly give it a try next time when I have a chance to paint silk.

BTW, I visited your blog site earlier today and find the content on it is very good. I like many of your projects shared on your blog site as well!
    saruxaxa likes this.
  10. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Thank you so much, Joe and Wayne.
  11. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Yes, Ben, I know that bust from Nutsplanet. It is also of very high sculpt quality from what I can see from the box art pictures, though I haven't bought it yet. The desired colors might be challenging because Jon Snow, as night's watch, has to be all dark from hair, cloth, to belt and cloak according to the settings in the HBO TV and the novel... Probably, I will consider ordering that bust in the future and take the challenge when having more time; but who knows.. Lol...:)
    FigureLover likes this.
  12. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Great painting, well done(y).
    Pete
    storm_zh likes this.
  13. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Thanks much, Pete. Glad to hear you like it :)