1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP The Light Brigade - Crimea

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ghamilt1, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I am 2/3 the way done this painters vignette. The finished product will feature three different figures from Maurice Corry; Grenadier Miniatures 13th Light Dragoon, Mitches Military Models 11th Hussar (both seen here) and the soon to arrive CGS 17th Lancer. Once I get the Lancer finished, I will arrange all three on a suitable base with the appropriate groundwork. So while I wait for that third figure to arrive, I thought I would post some progress shots for your consideration. Thoughts and comments always welcome.

DSCN0282.JPG DSCN0287.JPG DSCN0290.JPG
    malc, NickM, ModelCellar and 30 others like this.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Awesome looking group. Can't wait to see them together. Great painting Glenn.

Colin
  3. Boots Member

Australia
    An excellent start. I was considering doing the same group but have been trying to find an old Roll Call 17th Lancer to add to it. Keep up the great work.

Boots
  4. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Lovely work.

Chris
  5. Konstantin A Fixture

Ukraine
    I think they are great!Very skillfull paintjob.
  6. Nap A Fixture

England
    Glen ,

Great grouping together ...the lucky survivors

Painting looking really good ..like the Dust/dirt.....and the uniforms blues

Looking forward to seeing more

Nap
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great painting Glenn. They will look spectacular when completed.
  8. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Another version of the "Few".Great colours!(y).
  9. swralph A Fixture

Lovely paintwork.
  10. Waterman Active Member

A cracking group, and with the CGS Trumpeter they will make for something rather special. Beautifully painted.
  11. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Many thanks to everyone for your kind support and generous comments.
  12. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  13. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Glenn,
    I do like the way you have tackled these and really look forward to seeing the finished trio.
    cheers
    Richie
  14. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    I wish I had something original to add rather than repeat what's already been said. Lovley work.
  15. rado2828 Member

exelent paintwork,very realistic representation of the uniforms .Have you any ideas on the groundwork yet.
    regards rado
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent paintwork on both.
    Like the dusty look of the pants and shoes

Marc
  17. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    thanks again to all those kind souls who have commented. I am now even more anxious to get a hold of the third figure, but there is no rushing Canada Post in these matters, so patience is required. For Rado; I haven't given too much thought to the groundwork yet, but will be checking out some of the period photographs of the Crimean peninsula to get a proper feel for how to approach it. I think a few cannon balls are a must.

The dusty appearance on the uniforms is from an application of a thin glaze of acrylics and a light dusting of chalk pastel after the acrylics have dried.
  18. rado2828 Member

yes very good idea ,goes with the story.
  19. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Very nice, look forward to completion.
  20. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    What a fantastic period for Brit uniforms.