1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

The last violin of the Reich

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ArtSoldiers Miniaturas, Jun 15, 2019.

1. ArtSoldiers Miniaturas Active Member

The last violin of the Reich resounds in the hands of an SS officer among the ruins of old Berlin in the last days of April 1945.
    Brand: ArtSoldiers Miniaturas.
    3D Sculptor: Cesar Correa Lopez.
    Painter: Eduardo Fernandez Rodriguez.
    Scale: 75mm.
    Material: Resin
    I hope it is to your liking, for any information and orders.
    info.artsoldiers.miniaturas@gmail.com
    Special price for Planet followers.

001- SS Sturmbannfuhrer1.jpg 003- SS Sturmbannfuhrer1.jpg 005- SS Sturmbannfuhrer1.jpg

006- SS Sturmbannfuhrer1.jpg 008- SS Sturmbannfuhrer.jpg 009- SS Sturmbannfuhrer.jpg

009- SS Sturmbannfuhrer.jpg 011- SS Sturmbannfuhrer1.jpg 012- SS Sturmbannfuhrer1.jpg
  2. Chris Kelm Active Member

United-States
    75mm sounds good! how much will it cost?
    chris
  3. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Whoa, War isn’t just about shooting... soldiers need to relax, too. Take a breath and admire the skill in the figure, even if you do not appreciate the theme. I don’t, but then, I’m not a violin player either. And I do not feel the need to criticise it.
    HansDig, Babelfish and captnenglish like this.
  4. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Figurewise I see several flaws. I don`t understand the idea behind this figure and why we would need it - and I am aware that Reinhard Heydrich played violine if someone wants to give this theme any sort of historical meaning....
    akaryu and saulgoodman like this.
  5. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    [I’m not politicalising the figure, I’m indifferent to it as not to my taste, scale, or subject matter. Don’t like it? Move on.

For the record, I think the figure is well executed and painted, and original, too.
    Babelfish likes this.
  6. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There seems to be a lot of heat generated by this one... hard to think why. After nearly eighty years ( three generations ) I'd have
    thought by now these emotional reactions might have dissipated a bit and a clearer historical perspective could be brought to bear.
    Still, there it is....I guess the criminal insanity of the second world war casts a long shadow.

As for the figure itself - does anyone else think it looks a bit 'clunky' and rather souless ? Not sure whether it's the way it's beenpainted
    or if the sculpting is a bit heavy. Certainly an unusual subject - well not subject exactly more an usual concept for an SS Sturmbannfuhrer.
    Viking Bob and Babelfish like this.
  7. ArtSoldiers Miniaturas Active Member

Dear friend, when I created this figure I only did it with the idea of doing something different, something that the German uniforms collector of the Second World War liked ... IT DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND INTENTION, IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE.
    It is one more figure of the thousands of SS that there is in the market.
    I remind you that of all the model collectors of the Second World War, 80% essentially like German things ... And that does not mean anything.
    Do not see ghosts where there are none ...
    And judge the figure as what it is ... a collection figure.
    DEL, Tutilo17, harrytheheid and 2 others like this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, it's just a figure. As the guy above said, one of countless representing WSS soldiers. The world is full of folks desperate for something to feel offended by though. :rolleyes:

So what's your preference Saul Goodman (or whatever your real name is)? Romans? Mongols? Well here's a surprise ... they could be a bit "genocidal" too. And in terms of pure body count, Stalin was an even bigger monster than Hitler. Not that I'm offering up that by way of mitigation, just a bit of factual perspective. Or maybe you find WW2-era Soviets offensive as well?

Don't like, it just move on.

- Steve
    Nap, DEL, HansDig and 1 other person like this.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    As for the figure itself - does anyone else think it looks a bit 'clunky' and rather souless ? Not sure whether it's the way it's beenpainted
    or if the sculpting is a bit heavy. Certainly an unusual subject - well not subject exactly more an usual concept for an SS Sturmbannfuhrer.[/quote]

Yes, something not quite right. The jacket buttons up to the left not to the right, the SS runes are facing the wrong direction, easy fix. The holster looks chunky.
    Just my thoughts.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Agree with Bob re. the figure. Seen worse, but something doesn't seem quite right and it doesn't have a "wow" factor.

- Steve
  11. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    I know I am repeating myself but if you like it, buy it. If you don't like it don't buy it but spare us your personal thoughts
    Nice figure, scary scene.
    Reminds me a bit of the old Primus song "the Devil Went Down To Georgia".
    Babelfish, harrytheheid and DEL like this.
  12. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Don't restart the war, guys! No need to blow a fuse about a piece of resin!

Pierre
    Babelfish, Nap and Viking Bob like this.
  13. ArtSoldiers Miniaturas Active Member

Dear friends, I remind you that morphologically humans are not perfect, we are taller, shorter, fatter, thinner ... more beautiful, more ugly.
    For some it seems pretty figure, for others vulgar ... but that is part of game.
    Many uniforms of the SS were preta porter, echos measure to the taste of the client ....

jejejejejeje

Ah .... one last thing, I'm seeing that if in FP, you meet with puritans or inquisitors you are lost.
    harrytheheid and HansDig like this.
  14. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Looking back at SS-figure releases of the past the mere theme of an SS-release resulted in several keyboard wars by members of PF.
    The title of this piece is: "The last violin of the Reich" - so it tells a story by the choice of the sculptor or producer. The SS-violinist is clad in a non-uniform black leather coat - very much the way Hollywood likes to show their nazi-caricature-characters - and maybe unintentional the context (- or if you want the subliminal message: sentimental journey remembering better nazi-times gone within the ruins of the Reich`s capital?) and the general look of the figure provokes some harsh feelings.

... Just for the record: The rest of my post referring to previous posts of other members (now entirely removed) was edited by the mod although I was not violating rules of PF but just went on to tell that I can understand members that dislike this figure and say so. :( ...

Cheers, Martin
    Tutilo17 and saulgoodman like this.
  15. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hi Martin, if PF-members would not allow members to express their opinion on figures and scenes this would be a sad place and I would be the first to leave. It is the way, the choise of words and the tone this member uses that sets the trigger.
    Opinions are free to share but there are some unwritten forum rules about how to share them.
    Let this be my final comment on this subject. Cheers.
  16. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I have not written anything yet and held myself back - but now I say something:

I find the figure suboptimal in every way:

The scene is not credible, the violin has the wrong proportions and there are also many things to complain it!

My two cents:

The whole scene is completely unbelievable - two and a half minutes before Ultimo a SS-ler stands in a clean uniform on a pile of rubble in Berlin and plays the violin ...

The modeling is not very successful either!

Worst of all was the nutcracker face - and a violin bow looks completely different.

The figure is the attempt of a showmanship without effect to achieve - and also made not good!

And the figure shows errors that it should not have in the scale (at least 75 mm):

The jacket is sculpted the wrong way around, the volume of the Iron Cross 2nd class ribbon is much too narrow (and wriong painted), the Iron Cross 1st class is missing completely (but this would have to be there, because without that you did not get the Knight's Cross!) - instead, there is an indefinable round medal and so there was not. Everything that should be there had an oval shape (eg assault badge, wounded insignia, etc.)

And at the leather coat the rank insignia on the shoulders are missing.

The XX runes on the collar sit the wrong way round (ie pointing backwards), the guy has 3 stars on the other collar tab, so he is a Untersturmführer (which is the lowest officer's rank/Sub Lieutnant), but he runs around with general staff stripes on his pants ...

If he was Sturmbannführer/Major (as written under the figure) he must have four stars!

[IMG]

1. Unterstürmführer (Sub Lieutenant)
    2. Obersturmführer (Lieutenant)
    3. Hauptsturmführer (Captain)
    4. Sturmbannführer (Major)

AND NO ONE, REALLY NO ONE VIOLIN PLAYER WOULD HOLD HIS INSTRUMENT LIKE IT IS SCULPTED HERE (maybe apart from some cracked hillbillies in the deepest swamps of Louisiana ...) !!!

Oh yes - and the violin lacks the "shell" for the chin ...

[IMG]

IF a violin playing soldier then please as Andy made it: The proportions are right on the instrument and the face expresses the right ...:

[IMG]

As said - only my two cents.

Cheers
    Babelfish, Nap, Viking Bob and 2 others like this.
  17. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    This is exactly what I meant when I posted my 'Thoughts on planetFigure' thread in the Lounge.
    There's always room for the odd nut job here (y)
    Helm, Babelfish, Nap and 2 others like this.
  18. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Gee Wiz Gents, this is a hobby, not a job. Dump the PC Bravo Sierra and get back to "sniffing paint and gluin them fingers together". Take that bull pucky back over to Spacebook or Myface, please. Get over yourself, please!

As a famous lad once said; "Can't we...can't we all just get along?"

Ruck Over Bby! Cheers, Ski.

P.S. Figure looks usable to me, for any number of scenarios.
    harrytheheid, Helm, Banjer and 2 others like this.
  19. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    No problem with your opition - but I feel like a potential buyer fooled when I see so many mistakes at once ...

So - and now I am quiet again.

Cheers
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Apologies been away due to family stuff

I saw this on Social media initially during the painting posts there

All I will say is its not to everyone's taste , as fogie says memories are hard to forget despite the time , as Steve Ski say ...its a hobby .....ENJOY it

Would this have had such reaction if it was a Heer rather than Waffen ...I doubt it

But as the ArtMins says :

Dear friend, when I created this figure I only did it with the idea of doing something different, something that the German uniforms collector of the Second World War liked ... IT DOES NOT HAVE A SECOND INTENTION, IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE.
    It is one more figure of the thousands of SS that there is in the market.
    I remind you that of all the model collectors of the Second World War, 80% essentially like German things ... And that does not mean anything.
    Do not see ghosts where there are none ...
    And judge the figure as what it is ... a collection figure.

Keep the comments constructive and in keeping with PF guidelines

Appreciate the sculpting skill and time taken to get this or any piece to the market ...buy it if you wish

I have edited posts in this thread

Please feel free to PM me if you wish

Happy modelling to one and all ...no matter what you paint

Nap
  21. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    One hundred lines on Nap's desk by tomorrow morning......" I must remember to preserve the niceties of debate "
    ( What a job! ...who'd be a moderator...eh? )

Mike
    akaryu likes this.