1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP the last trophy - Waterloo campaign 1815

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Sep 27, 2010.

1. PhilinYuma Member

United-States
    Preda:
    Thanks very much for the information. I joined FigurinItaly and remembered that my Italian is worse than my bad Spanish, but I was able to muddle through. This incident is well known to British students of the battle and was cited by regimental officers at the time, and by contemporary historians as another example of William, Prince of Orange's ineptitude, though modern historians tend to exonerate him and blame the captain in charge and the height of the corn that hid the curassiers' approach. I would add that this was a very nice maneuver by the curassiers and that the battalion was one of the most inexperienced in the line. Many had joined in 1813 or later and, unlike the battle hardened veterans of the Peninsula, had no combat experience.
    As a fellow lover of modeling colours, I agree that deciding just which British colour was lost or saved is often a matter of guesswork, and I doubt if anyone will argue with your choice. It sometimes helps to know that at the start of a battle at least, the most junior ensign carried the 2nd colour and the senior lieutenant carried the king's (royal) colour.
    I notice that in your last post, you said, "una fusione di Leibovitz che ho usato per risparmiarmi un sacco di lavoro." It looks as though you took a bag of trouble anyway!:D
  2. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

thanks for the comment,
    historical research for me is an important part of the modelling activity. Before choosing this subject I, helped by many friends in Figurinitaly, searched how many flags were taken by French in the Waterloo campaign. That's is the only quite clearly identified with some flags taken to the german legion. I found in internet a picture of the 69th king's flag and this moved my choice to that figure.
    Obviously I cannot say that the movement is real, in my intention I would like to transpose in model soldier some painting ( ie Detaille).
    I will put it in the mud or something like that because they were in a very rainy period...

una fusione di Leibovitz che ho usato per risparmiarmi un sacco di lavoro
    to explain ... when is possible i'd like to use commercial parts instead to make them. In this case the front part of the saddle with the wolf teeth was part of my spare warehouse. Easier to sculpt the same...

do this kind of figure isn't so difficult and the most difficult things is choose the position. Others things ...details
  3. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    i started to paint this figure, first of all the face

first step
    [IMG]

[IMG]

and second step

[IMG]

[IMG]

job has been done in oils
    gordy likes this.
  4. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    the horse is painted using more or less the usual palette for any brown horses...
    Burnt umber, burnt Sienna, Raw umber, blak ad a touch of blu , plus some mars red for the reddish tone

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

enjoy
    sarouman, John Bowery, Steve and 2 others like this.
  5. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Everything is great so far Ivo. Congats!
    George.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice Predo! (y)
  7. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    something update

[IMG]

[IMG]

a look on the assembly

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Black Berny New Member

Germany
    Very very nice work !!!

Can`t await to see more.
  9. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    the last update before the flag...

[IMG]

the horse is pinned with a steel rod ( 1,5 mm diameter) to ensure the stability. This rod run inside the body of the horse and has been folded at 90° before to be welded.
    Aluminium support is made by Pivato Base

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    sarouman likes this.
  10. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  12. secutor Active Member

Italy
    Wow! amazing, beautiful, masterpiece, ....
    "so-called" Robert
  13. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi,
    Very nice conversion and very beautiful presentation!

Alexandros
  14. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    flag has been air brushed by a friend, I'm not able to do that

[IMG]

masking tape was very useful to define the principal cross
    [IMG]

a white wash for the centre, too much water ... has passed behind the tape

[IMG]

all has been sanded and smoothed...

[IMG]

and all has been painted in acrilique

[IMG]
  15. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    some small update referred to the flag and on the global view of the figure

[IMG]

the central sketch and flower and leaves are painted in oil

[IMG]
    sarouman and gordy like this.
  16. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful! (y)
  17. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    let me play before the end of the wip

[IMG]

[IMG]

some details

Attached Files:

Steve and gordy like this.
  18. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice.
    Carl.
  19. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    anhother couple of pictures showing details before the end of the WIP and waiting the pictures of the finished piece.
    Sometime watching the finished figure I risk to don't see the details. I propose you before some details and later the complete.

In this case how i managed the mud

[IMG]

[IMG]
    gordy, Steve and Excatlon like this.
  20. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Most effective (y)