1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP the last trophy - Waterloo campaign 1815

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ivopreda, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    here my last converted figure.

It's represent a french cuirassier of the 8th rgt. that has taken the flag of the 69th british infantry.

I found it after a deep research looking for the british flag captured by French.
    The piece is an assembly of Eisembach Horse, some Metal modeles part and many scratch.

have a good look at it, comments are welcome

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    thats the spirit.something different and an really striking image.great
    mil-mart likes this.
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is a nice conversion to be certain, and with paint should be quite dynamic!

Jay H.
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    FFFabulous! (y) good job Preda!
  5. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    Hello Ivo,

Really great conversion ... Don't forgett we hage to change a model together ... o)

Daniel
  6. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Outstanding job, Ivo! It's stunning as it sits - cannot wait to see it painted!
  7. gcot New Member

Greece
    Ciao Ivo,
    My compilments. Your best figure yet!!
    George
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great work Ivo,i love waterloo subjects so i'll be keeping my eye on your progress with this one,:cool:
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work on the conversion, looking foward to the painting stage (y)

Tommi
  10. clubcat PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Looking really good, Preda.

Congratulations

Melanie
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Ivo. I can hardly wait to see the painted version.

Marc
  12. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really nice piece Ivo, quite dynamic. Should look impressive painted, congratulations,

Rob
  13. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very appealing to the eye even in the conversion stage, should look great painted.

Steve(y)
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ivo,
    Excellent conversion and I cant wait to see your paint on it. Are you going to do an SBS on it?
    Cheers
    John
  15. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another brilliant piece.
  16. PhilinYuma Member

United-States
    A great figure, and all balanced on one leg! He looks a happy fellow, at least for a few more hours.
    I'm familiar with the colours borne by the 2/69th at Quatre Bras, but did your research reveal whether it was the King's Colour or the Second Colour that was captured, and if the latter, is "2nd Battn" written on the Union canton? Later, 2nd battalions used the Roman numeral II, but I've seen some from Waterloo that used the Arabic numbers. I look forward to seeing the finished piece!
  17. Akritis Active Member

Greece
    Just an other one great napoleonic figure by Ivo preda. This one is fantastic
  18. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    hello Philin,

here the letter written by Kellerman to Ney referred to this flag.

Kellermann's Report to Ney after the charge of the brigade of Guiton's cuirassiers
    Near Frasnes, June 16, 1815 - 10 H PM
    Sir - Marshal,
    I executed the charge that you have ordered me to do; I encountered the enemy infantry, posted in a small valley beneath their guns. On the spot, without giving the troops time to think, I rushed at the head of the 1st squadron of the 8th with G.al Guiton, against the Anglo-Hanoverian infantry, in spite of the extensive fire, from the front and the flanks. Both lines of infantry were knocked over, the greatest disorder was in the enemy line, which we crossed two - three times, the most complete success was ensured [here was added a space line : With the results which you was waiting for], if the lancers would have followed us, the cuirassiers, shot upon from all sides, could not exploit the advantage that they had obtained by this most resolute and fearless charge against an infantry which did not let itself be intimidated and which they fired with the greatest coolness as if during an exercise.
    We took a flag of the 69th which was taken by the cuirassiers Valgayer and Nurain. The brigade having taken an enormous loss and seeing that they were not supported, withdrew in the usual disorder as in similar circumstances, my horse was knocked down by two shots, and I fell under it. I was barely able to escape. The G.al Guiton, the Colonel Cavaraque were unhorsed as well as numerous officers and cuirassiers. I was hurt in the knee and the leg , but nevertheless, I shall be there tomorrow on horseback. The division Roussel is bivouacking in the plain, close to Frasnes, Lhéritier's division did not join, I will try to address orders to him.
    I am respectfully
    Signed: the count of Valmy (Kellermann, the young )
    Kellerman a ney il 16 giugno 1815 – quatre bras

not so easy to define if the flag is a King or is a Bataillon colour but I found a picture of the king's colour as taken by the french.
    Nothing is sure, nothing is clearly discovered... we work on suppositions

If you want to read more information you can see http://www.figurinitaly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7009&page=7
    where there is all the info referred to the story of this figure with all the SBS. Is the Italian forum but Google translator can help you
  19. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    hi John,

this figure is going to be paint but not immediately. I've to decide if complete anhoter conversion in progress and then start the painting session for both or paint this immediately.

I'm doing the SBS in the italian forum and I'll continue to write also here.

continue to follow this thread, comments and suggestion are always welcome

thanks
  20. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very spirited work Ivo, look forward to seeing it painted.

Cheers David