1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

THE IRON MAIDEN COLLECTION BY MICHALIS KONTRAROS COLLECTIBLES

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Fokionas, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dear Planeteers!

It is with great joy and excitement that I present to you in PF , on behalf of Michael Kontraros Collectibles, a great upcoming project.
    A series of six 75mm figures(1/24) , seven 150mm busts (1/12) two 1/7 statues and a small vignette featuring Eddie, the mascot of the legendary English heavy metal band Iron Maiden.
    All kits are sculpted by Michalis Kontraros, one the most talented sculptors in our hobby.
    The subjects of the first batch are inspired by the iconic covers of Iron Maiden’s albums and singles ,such as “Killers”, “Number of the beast”, “Piece of mind”, “Somewhere in Time”, “Seventh son of a seventh son” , “The Trooper” , “Wasted years”, “Live after death” “Powerslave” and more.
    The kits are officially licensed by Iron Maiden and will be presented by their media as well.
    A kickstarter campaign will be launched on May 2nd , where you can pre order your preferred kits and get all the news about this fascinating modelling project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kontraros/iron-maiden-collection

Do not miss the chance to acquire these magnificent kits , whether you are a fan of Iron Maiden or not.
    At a subsequent thread in this section , boxart for each creation - by well known painters- will be presented .
    Stay tuned!
    Up the Irons!

Fokionas

IMG_5617.JPG IMG_5607.JPG IMG_5601.JPG IMG_5606.JPG IMG_5599.JPG IMG_5605.JPG IMG_5604.JPG IMG_5610.JPG IMG_5612.JPG IMG_5598.JPG IMG_5613.JPG
  2. eddie_C96 Member

I do not know why, but it seems an interesting project :)
    phil_h, Fokionas, Oda and 1 other person like this.
  3. Oda A Fixture

Michalis has worked wonders once more.The likeness to the original Album cover artwork is rather striking.And last but not least.....It's Eddie mate.Who doesn't like Eddie???

Oda.
    phil_h, Nap and Fokionas like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Thanks for sharing this

Definately very different , both individually and as the Album cover .....there's going to be some incredible artwork on these

Lots of options in the scales as well

Look forward to the artwork

Nap
    Fokionas and Oda like this.
  5. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant, I had put a post on here a while back seeking additional info about this and here we go, I am certainly in on this one, problem being want them all but I will have to bang my head off the wall and try to arrive at a chosen few, although The Trooper has a head start given his military theme.
    TERRY :)
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    As a metalhead I’m in for a couple of these.

- Steve
    phil_h, Oda and Fokionas like this.
  7. clubcat PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Oh ...my... word, these will be amazing artworks on completion
    phil_h, Oda and Fokionas like this.
  8. Panzer22 Active Member

Netherlands
    Well as a maiden fan...
    I am Very interested .UP The Irons!!!
    phil_h, Oda, Fokionas and 1 other person like this.
  9. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If anyone missed it this Kickstarter project went live yesterday and has gone well beyond the initial target, it was the first time that I had pledged to a Kickstarter project so I was a bit of a novice at getting through to selecting a 75mm Trooper figure and a 1/12 scale Killers bust plus a resin base (some of the multi piece packages available are tempting but big money) and getting through to submitting my payment details.
    The pledging closes on 24th May.
    TERRY
    phil_h, Fokionas and Oda like this.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not keen on the whole “kickstarter” thing and “pledging”, it all seems a bit vague and uncertain. Looking forward to a general release though if/when it comes.
    Tommi, phil_h, Fokionas and 1 other person like this.
  11. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes hopefully they will become available on general release as I would like option to buy others over time instead of throwing a lot of money at it now and my big question to the production team is - where's the flag on the trooper bust :mad:
    TERRY
    Oda likes this.
  12. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    I understand this.....
    There will be general release anyway....
    As you may know , kickstarter (or similar ) is a way for the producer to gather money in order to cut the initial production cost.These kits were very expensive in terms of getting an official license from the. group.
    Soon you will have the chance to buy any kit you may like , maybe at a bit higher price (as a unit) than kickstarter .
    I assure you that all kits a top quality !!!!!
    Best regards
    Fokion
    fermatgom, Oda and Babelfish like this.
  13. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Terry!

Yes , of course there will be general release and you will have the chance to buy whatever you prefer and when you want to .
    Best Regards
    Fokion
    Oda likes this.
  14. Oda A Fixture

I assure you that all kits a top quality !!!!!
    If it says Michalis Kontraros on the box then excellence is guaranteed on all levels.

Oda.
    Fokionas likes this.
  15. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Oda and Fokionas like this.
  16. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great news, metal to my ears and I am very happy knowing of the quality that comes with the Michalis Kontraros brand.
    TERRY
  17. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    This is the first kickstarter project I've ever backed, and I can't wait to get my brushes on the 4 figures and 2 busts I've picked out. This is a huge coincidence too... My girlfriend and I were just listening to Somewhere in Time on vinyl, and while looking at the cover she commented, "This would make an AWESOME diorama...".

This couldn't be more perfect!!
  18. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Not my style.....But can't deny the quality of sculpts................

Wayne
  19. Oda A Fixture

Can't wait for your SBSs on them Phil.

Oda.
    phil_h likes this.
  20. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Oda - I hope I won't disappoint :)
    Oda likes this.