1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"The Happy Jager"-A Single Figure Study

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Apr 25, 2005.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Roc;I really appreciate your positive comments! I'm in the process of painting the figure now and will post some photos soon . Cheers!
    Kenneth.
  2. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Superb work Kenneth. I wish I had your talent for sculpting. Can't wait to see him painted.

Greetz,

Gino
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    One of these days I'm going to have to sculpt one of those peculiar German pipes in 90 or 120mm!

Lovely figure, Kenneth!

You did a great job on the canteen and brotbeutel (bag). Hey, where's his gas mask container? I assume the Jager is off duty and in a rear area behind the trenches, but they pretty much carried them everywhere. Is the semicircular looking bag close to his belt on the left back the gas mask holder?

For my figure of Sepoy Khudadad Khan, I'm going to have to sculpt the 1913 ammunition bandolier, 1906 canteen, a shovel, and various other bits. The Indian Army used different equipment than the British, so I can't use parts from other kits much. I also plan to do a Victoria Cross, but he'll have to be wearing it on the wrong side of his tunic because it would be covered up by the Vickers MG barrel if it was on the correct side.

All the best,
    Dan
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the encouragement,Gino ;I really appreciate it! To tell the truth ,I wish that I could paint like you! Cheers!
    Kenneth.
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Dan ,my friend ,thank you very much for the positive comments ;I really appreciate it! Yes ,the bag on the left side of the figure's belt is indeed the M1915 respirator carrying case . I thought that having that would make a nice change from the usual gas-mask container . I'm looking forward to your sepoy figure too , Dan . Cheers!
    Kenneth.
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey guys :lol: ! The figure is finally finished! Vallejo colours were used throughout and the pipe had a design painted-on . The shako cockade is painted in the colours of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. The base-plate is made from card printed with a map design. Hope you guys like it and thanks for looking! Cheers!
    Kenneth :)

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    ;) Outstanding, Kenneth. You did it again! I really like the fact that each of your figures has a storyline behind it. After surviving five days on the front line in Verdun, he's just happy to be alive, reading his book and smoking his pipe.

all the best,
    Dan
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Dan, thank you very much; I'm really glad that you liked it! 5 days on the frontline,eh ;) ? Now why didn't I think of that? Cheers, my friend!
    Kenneth :lol: